View Single Post
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Pesetas74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application error...

Hi everybody... I just logged in and I'm desperately looking for a solution to my problem...
First of all I'd like to apologize if my english will sound not very english-like :oops: , but I'm italian...
Hope you can follow and help me anyway...

That's the fact: I've recently downloaded a movie but I can't open it. I mean, I can't open it with BSplayer, because every other player (VLC, Windows Media Player, Xvid player, WinAmp player) CAN!
It's driving me crazy!!!! :x

Before trying to open the file with other players, I tought it was a codec problem, but after analizing the file with G-Spot, I discovered that I had 4 valid codex for the video and 3 valid codex for the audio [For the record, Video Codec is DivX 3 Fast Motion and Audio Codec is MPEG-1 Layer 3]...

I tried also to encode the file with Virtualdub, but after many tries and hours (or I'd rather say days) I came up with a file that could be read by BsPlayer, but at half movie it would lose the sync between video and audio... Not much, but enough to make my guts burst out! :oops:

Moreover... Why on earth Virtualdub should not encode this damn' file with DivX 6.0 and Xvid codec? When I tried, the answer was "Cannot initialize video compression due to codec error:the source image format is not acceptable". :shock: Does anybody know why?

Anyway, to cut it brief, the pop-up window that appears when I try to open the file, roughly translated in english, should read more or less like "BSPlayer caused errors and will be terminated. It will be necessary to restar the program. Creation of errors' book (log?)"...
As for my PC, it's an
- AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
- CPU Speed 2200 MHz
- System RAM Amount 511 MB
- Graphics Chipset RADEON 9600 Series (Memory Size 256 MB)
- My BSplayer Version is 1.36 Build 825 Sept 5th 2005.
BUTCH: Zed’s.
FABIENNE: Who’s Zed?
BUTCH: Zed’s dead, baby, Zed’s dead.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20