Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Pesetas74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application error...

Hi everybody... I just logged in and I'm desperately looking for a solution to my problem...
First of all I'd like to apologize if my english will sound not very english-like :oops: , but I'm italian...
Hope you can follow and help me anyway...

That's the fact: I've recently downloaded a movie but I can't open it. I mean, I can't open it with BSplayer, because every other player (VLC, Windows Media Player, Xvid player, WinAmp player) CAN!
It's driving me crazy!!!! :x

Before trying to open the file with other players, I tought it was a codec problem, but after analizing the file with G-Spot, I discovered that I had 4 valid codex for the video and 3 valid codex for the audio [For the record, Video Codec is DivX 3 Fast Motion and Audio Codec is MPEG-1 Layer 3]...

I tried also to encode the file with Virtualdub, but after many tries and hours (or I'd rather say days) I came up with a file that could be read by BsPlayer, but at half movie it would lose the sync between video and audio... Not much, but enough to make my guts burst out! :oops:

Moreover... Why on earth Virtualdub should not encode this damn' file with DivX 6.0 and Xvid codec? When I tried, the answer was "Cannot initialize video compression due to codec error:the source image format is not acceptable". :shock: Does anybody know why?

Anyway, to cut it brief, the pop-up window that appears when I try to open the file, roughly translated in english, should read more or less like "BSPlayer caused errors and will be terminated. It will be necessary to restar the program. Creation of errors' book (log?)"...
As for my PC, it's an
- AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
- CPU Speed 2200 MHz
- System RAM Amount 511 MB
- Graphics Chipset RADEON 9600 Series (Memory Size 256 MB)
- My BSplayer Version is 1.36 Build 825 Sept 5th 2005.
BUTCH: Zed’s.
FABIENNE: Who’s Zed?
BUTCH: Zed’s dead, baby, Zed’s dead.
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. Install DivX 3.11 alpha. This is the decoder for Div3 fast/low motion. Or enable generic MPEG4 support in DivX or mp4v in XviD decoder.
2. When opened the file with VirtualDub, does not tell you that the file is VBR and asked you about re-writing the header ? If so, use virtualdubmod and say NO to that message.
3. Image resolution must be a multiple of 4 on horizontal and of 2 on vertical. If not, you have that error. In select video compressor window you can read this when selecting DivX encoder. AFAIK, XviD has no restrictions on esolution.
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Hi adicoto,
Quote:
1. Install DivX 3.11 alpha. This is the decoder for Div3 fast/low motion. Or enable generic MPEG4 support in DivX or mp4v in XviD decoder
1. I installed DivX 3.11 alpha as you suggested, but I had more recent versions of the file already installed, so I guess that's not the right way...Besides, how do I "enable generic MPEG4 support in DivX or mp4v in XviD decoder"? Could you please explain it to me? I know I might sound dumb, but I'm not very into this kind of things, as you might have noticed...
2. When I open the file with Virtualdub there are no problems at all. No messages of any sort. Problems start when I try the encoding of the file
3. Image Resolution of my file is 600x331. So you're right about DivX encoder [it reads so in the window as you told me, sorry but I didn't noticed it before]. But for Xvid the window also reads that there no known restrictions... Instead I get the same response that I got before for DivX when I try to encode it: "Cannot initialize video compression due to codec error:the source image format is not acceptable"...
Now I started encoding the file again... But I guess that when it's done I'll have to deal again with the lack of sync between audio & video... Do you know how I could solve this?

So, on one hand, if I leave the movie as it is I can watch it with every single player I've got except for BSplayer... On the other hand, if try to encode the file I'll have to find a way to put it in sync again... HILFE!!!!
Sorry to bother...
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. You have a newer version of L3codeca.acm, wich is the MP3 (Layer 3 codec advanced) hacked decoder. You can say yes to overwrite, the codec is better than the one you have, trust me.
2. Go to start->all programs->divx->divx codec->configuration utility->quality settings.
3. Go to start->all programs->xvid->decoder configure->FourCC support
4. If the file is out of synch, then somwhere it has a small gap. When playing there is no problem in decoding. But VirtualDub detects it.
5. They say no restriction ? And do you believe them ? I don't. Never seen a resolution other than one that can be divided by 2.

But install divx3.11 and all should work ok.

PS I've seen that DivX6 doesn't support Div3 any more. I have a lot of files encoded by me using div3. So I stick to 5,21
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
1. You have a newer version of L3codeca.acm, wich is the MP3 (Layer 3 codec advanced) hacked decoder. You can say yes to overwrite, the codec is better than the one you have, trust me.
2. Go to start->all programs->divx->divx codec->configuration utility->quality settings.
3. Go to start->all programs->xvid->decoder configure->FourCC support
4. If the file is out of synch, then somwhere it has a small gap. When playing there is no problem in decoding. But VirtualDub detects it.
5. They say no restriction ? And do you believe them ? I don't. Never seen a resolution other than one that can be divided by 2.

But install divx3.11 and all should work ok.

PS I've seen that DivX6 doesn't support Div3 any more. I have a lot of files encoded by me using div3. So I stick to 5,21
Hi... It's me again...

1. You were right, I had the hacked version and I replaced it with 3.11 alpha
2. In quality settings I chose force 16:9
4. Actually the file has a small gap at 3/4 of the movie (4 seconds of LSD trip, colours etc. - if that's what you mean by gap) but when I encoded it the "unsynchrony" started long before that point... The only explanation I can think of is that maybe there was another gap before...but anyway...

I did what you wrote, step by step... But now there seems to be another tiny problem... I can hear it but I can't see it.... It all looks like a bad LSD trip!!!! The screen it's all blurred and coloured...
What can I do now?
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

EUREKA!!!!! I made it!!!! I can hear it, see it.... WHOPEEE!!! :D
And to think that it was that easy! 8)
All I had to do was go to Preferences => Video => Video Rendering and then choose "Extend picture" to 16:9...
Thankx a lot Adicoto for all support and thankx a lot to Vinny 12345 and DDuke also!!!!!!
YESSS!

Tags
application