View Single Post
Old 27th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Pesetas74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi adicoto,
Quote:
1. Install DivX 3.11 alpha. This is the decoder for Div3 fast/low motion. Or enable generic MPEG4 support in DivX or mp4v in XviD decoder
1. I installed DivX 3.11 alpha as you suggested, but I had more recent versions of the file already installed, so I guess that's not the right way...Besides, how do I "enable generic MPEG4 support in DivX or mp4v in XviD decoder"? Could you please explain it to me? I know I might sound dumb, but I'm not very into this kind of things, as you might have noticed...
2. When I open the file with Virtualdub there are no problems at all. No messages of any sort. Problems start when I try the encoding of the file
3. Image Resolution of my file is 600x331. So you're right about DivX encoder [it reads so in the window as you told me, sorry but I didn't noticed it before]. But for Xvid the window also reads that there no known restrictions... Instead I get the same response that I got before for DivX when I try to encode it: "Cannot initialize video compression due to codec error:the source image format is not acceptable"...
Now I started encoding the file again... But I guess that when it's done I'll have to deal again with the lack of sync between audio & video... Do you know how I could solve this?

So, on one hand, if I leave the movie as it is I can watch it with every single player I've got except for BSplayer... On the other hand, if try to encode the file I'll have to find a way to put it in sync again... HILFE!!!!
Sorry to bother...
BUTCH: Zed’s.
FABIENNE: Who’s Zed?
BUTCH: Zed’s dead, baby, Zed’s dead.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20