Thread: RatDVD support
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Coix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just made a try with ratDVD. It works almost perfectly with BSplayer. I found a couple of problems, however:

- When you start a ratDVD file, BSplayer sends an error message about 'unknown file format', then some other popup error messages appear. I just have to ingore these warnings, and the movie starts playing. This is just what is written on the ratDVD homepage. I think BSplayer should handle ratDVD without any eror messages by now. Windows Media Player works perfectly.. :-(

- The movie is shown in am "ActiveMovie window". This means that you cannot view the film in fullscreen mode, the window border, heading and the taskbar is alwas visible. However, the picture is in perfect fullscreen mode on my TV when I use two screen in "theater mode".

- ratDVD takes over the full control, so most of BSplayer's menus and buttons do not work.

- An older 1.0 version of BSplayer displayed the movie sometimes a bit slowly. There are no speed errors with version 1.3.

I agree that ratDVD is a great invention. I think BSplayer should pay more attention to fully support this new format.

Coix

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20