Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th June 2005
BS.player Regular User

lwc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RatDVD support

I'm sure many of you have heard by now about possibly the future MP3 for movies - RatDVD.

It is a video as well as a music encoder that takes an entire DVD (if it's protected, you must break it with some other program first) and compresses its video and audio into one single file - with a RatDVD extension - that maintains the subtitles, menus, soundtracks, etc.

The video encoder is based on XviD and the audio is a virtual AC3.

To tell you the truth, I still haven't found a RatDVD file so I can't test it with BSPlayer. I mean, who knows, it might even work (RatDVD officialy works with Windows Media Player 10, but I don't know how).

Anyway, can the authors comment here whether BSPlayer officially works with RatDVD files and if not, will it work with them in the future?
Remember that not only must it support the RatDVD file's video and audio, but the special DVD features too, which, once again - unlike DivX/XviD - are internal.

Just so you know, RatDVD's site provides an open code for video players' programmers to implement in their programs in order to support it.

If this is truly the next big thing, surely you want to be among the first to join the wagon.
Old 15th June 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Cardaccio is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree.
Old 14th August 2005
BS.player Regular User

RatDVD's site claims BSPlayer IS supported!
However, I can't seem to see the video!

Is it officially supported? Please comment!
Old 30th September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Coix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just made a try with ratDVD. It works almost perfectly with BSplayer. I found a couple of problems, however:

- When you start a ratDVD file, BSplayer sends an error message about 'unknown file format', then some other popup error messages appear. I just have to ingore these warnings, and the movie starts playing. This is just what is written on the ratDVD homepage. I think BSplayer should handle ratDVD without any eror messages by now. Windows Media Player works perfectly.. :-(

- The movie is shown in am "ActiveMovie window". This means that you cannot view the film in fullscreen mode, the window border, heading and the taskbar is alwas visible. However, the picture is in perfect fullscreen mode on my TV when I use two screen in "theater mode".

- ratDVD takes over the full control, so most of BSplayer's menus and buttons do not work.

- An older 1.0 version of BSplayer displayed the movie sometimes a bit slowly. There are no speed errors with version 1.3.

I agree that ratDVD is a great invention. I think BSplayer should pay more attention to fully support this new format.

Coix
Old 9th October 2005
BS.player Regular User

I don't know what to tell you.
I've installed RatDVD and tried to play a RatDVD movie and all I could hear in BSPlayer (and other players, for that matter) was the sound.

In general, I can see stuff like DivX & XviD without a scratch.
Old 14th October 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Coix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Are you sure that the ratDVD file that you want to play is free of errors? Did anyone else managed to play it? Have you tried several ratDVD files, or just this one?

Maybe you should check your settigs at "Options/preferences/video/video rendering...". Wrong overlay settings can cause that you hear the sound but no picture. Although your DivX and Xvid files work well, ratDVD might need different settings. I'm not an expert, so I'm not sure. (My BSpalayer video rendering settings are: 1st, 2nd, 4th options are checked.)

I hope it helps, because it is worth. For me it seems that ratDVD has better video quality than DivX or Xvid, not to mention the sound.

Good luck,

Coix
Old 26th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Great-Fred is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried to read a ratDVD..
It worked, I have the video and the sound....And no message...

But, no interactivity, too...... :? :?

It is for when?
Old 26th March 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Can you provide a link to a sample file?
I've never saw a ratDVD file before, so I can't test..
If you can provide link I can see if something is possible to do to make it more compatible..
Old 26th March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Great-Fred is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no link, sorry..
I made it myself.....

You can look at http://www.ratdvd.dk/ to see how to make one.

Tags
ratdvd, support