View Single Post
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

garger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bsplayer crash everytime I load a subtitle

First of all I want you to know that I have used the search tool and I couldn't find an answer for my problem so that's why I finally decided to create this topic; and well I'm sorry for my english, it's been a long time since my last english writing and there could be some "big" mistakes.

The problem which I'm having is the following:

Every time I want to open a file named video.avi and then load his subtitle file named video.ass or video.ssa when I press the "S" button I get the following error:

BSplayer v2.11.940, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00588EDA
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Access violation at address 00588EDA in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFF0
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,00588EDA,00404843,0057A8B2

I've read in some topics that you asked the people to create a backup of a file named BSPlayer.xml, but in my computer I don't have any file named like this and of course I don't have the following folder:

C:\Documents And Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer

Probably this could be the reason but I have tried the installation lot's of times and I never get this created.

With older versions of BSPlayer, the ones before the whenUsave tool, I never had any problems but till I upgrade I'm having this problem. I have opened the same file two months ago with a different BSPlayer and it was working correclty.

The subtitles load when I'm using windows media player so it's not a software problem with codecs or filters.

Thank's for your help.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20