Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

garger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bsplayer crash everytime I load a subtitle

First of all I want you to know that I have used the search tool and I couldn't find an answer for my problem so that's why I finally decided to create this topic; and well I'm sorry for my english, it's been a long time since my last english writing and there could be some "big" mistakes.

The problem which I'm having is the following:

Every time I want to open a file named video.avi and then load his subtitle file named video.ass or video.ssa when I press the "S" button I get the following error:

BSplayer v2.11.940, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00588EDA
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Access violation at address 00588EDA in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFF0
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,00588EDA,00404843,0057A8B2

I've read in some topics that you asked the people to create a backup of a file named BSPlayer.xml, but in my computer I don't have any file named like this and of course I don't have the following folder:

C:\Documents And Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer

Probably this could be the reason but I have tried the installation lot's of times and I never get this created.

With older versions of BSPlayer, the ones before the whenUsave tool, I never had any problems but till I upgrade I'm having this problem. I have opened the same file two months ago with a different BSPlayer and it was working correclty.

The subtitles load when I'm using windows media player so it's not a software problem with codecs or filters.

Thank's for your help.
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: bsplayer crash everytime I load a subtitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by garger
I've read in some topics that you asked the people to create a backup of a file named BSPlayer.xml, but in my computer I don't have any file named like this and of course I don't have the following folder:

Probably this could be the reason but I have tried the installation lot's of times and I never get this created.

With older versions of BSPlayer, the ones before the whenUsave tool, I never had any problems but till I upgrade I'm having this problem. I have opened the same file two months ago with a different BSPlayer and it was working correclty.

The subtitles load when I'm using windows media player so it's not a software problem with codecs or filters.
No problems at all with your English (mine is worst than your)

If you don't have that folder the possible reasons are two:
1. You don't have a Windows XP/2000 system, but a Windows 9.x/ME installation
2. The Application Data folder is hidden and you don't have enabled the option to show hidden folders

If the reason is the first one, then search for that file in BSplayer installation path (by default C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayer).
If the reason is the second one, then open an Explorer window, click on Tools menu item, then Folder options.... In the new window go to the Visualization path and (in the first option?) choose Show hidden files and folders

There could be another reason why you don't find BSplayer folder in this path:
if you don't use an English version of Windows XP, the Application Data folder may be named in your language, and instead under Application Data you'll find only a Microsoft directory.

Are you using BSplayer internal subtitles renderer or are you using also other utilities (for example VobSub or FFDShow) to show subtitles?
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: bsplayer crash everytime I load a subtitle

Today I found that the problem only happens when I'm working with ssa or ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
If you don't have that folder the possible reasons are two:
1. You don't have a Windows XP/2000 system, but a Windows 9.x/ME installation
2. The Application Data folder is hidden and you don't have enabled the option to show hidden folders
My system is winXP professional in spanish, I've done a windows search with the hide objects enabled but I couldn't find neither the file nor the folder. I've got Ad-aware but I don't think that this could be the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Are you using BSplayer internal subtitles renderer or are you using also other utilities (for example VobSub or FFDShow) to show subtitles?
I've tried everything, from uninstalling everything except the bsplayer to install vsfilter and vobsub but when I press the "S" button I get that message, the only time in which I don't get the message is if I open manually the subtitlte, but then it always display as an srt, without color and styles.

Thanks.
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

First of all, try this utility I've just made (it will search for a BSplayer settings file and once found, it will create a backup copy of it)
Probably this utility will be useful to many other users :lol:

You can still manually search for a settings file, but it should find everything by itself (it searches into BSplayer installation dir, if not found then it searches in application data folder for BSplayer Pro and then for BSplayer free version)

You can use it to rename BSplayer.xml files to BSplayer.xml.bak files and vice versa.
The currently selected file will be shown as tooltip of the "Browse for BSplayer settings" button.

Note: the backup and restore tasks must be perfomed with BSplayer closed
Attached Files
File Type: exe bsp_settings_backup_264.exe (17.0 KB, 590 views)
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Yeah it worked, it was on another folder.

But I'm getting the same problem, the only difference it's that now is not crashing. If I want to load the subtitle file I have to do it manually and it always displays it as an srt, without styles, colours, etc...

I've installed windows media classic and the only difference is that with win media I get the vsfilter application launched every time I open the avi file and with bsplayer not.
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

At least now it doesn't crash

I never used VSfilter, so I can't be of help to you at the moment. J7N (and maybe someone else) knows that program, you just have to wait for him to read this post
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Ass/ssa subtile support in BSplayer is just...basic. So, the solution to see those subtitles in the proper conditions is to use Vsfilter. Vsfilter support in BSplayer is just...basic. Search for many posts about this crash with vobsub/vsfilter. So my advice is to...be patient until it's fixed :D .
Can you tell us wich filter is uses to render the file ? rightclick->options->filters and see if it's used quartz.dll or you also have a filter named source, on wich if you click will reveal the producer (maybe Haali). Worth trying, can't do no harm.
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Well if it's a problem with a new version I'll wait till it's fixed.

When I do what you say, adicoto, I can see the following filters in white: ffdshow MPEG-4 video decoder, the other ones are for the audio, the ffdshow too, the ac3 and default directSound device.

But as I told you before if it's a problem that have to be fixed I'll wait, no problem.

Thanks.
Old 4th September 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Check if "Enable VobSub support" is selected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Vobsub]
and also check "Allow intermediate filters" (and "Enable advanced graph building") under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Filter management
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th September 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Check if "Enable VobSub support" is selected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles > [Vobsub]
and also check "Allow intermediate filters" (and "Enable advanced graph building") under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Filter management
Thank you the problema now it's solved I didn't have the option "Allow intermediate filters" checked, when I checked it the subs appear.

Again, thank you very much to all of you for the help.
Old 5th September 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Hip hip hooray !
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th September 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by garger
Thank you the problema now it's solved I didn't have the option "Allow intermediate filters" checked, when I checked it the subs appear.
Thank you BSPeter for the suggestion regarding Intermediate Filters, it will be useful for the future (if I'll remember that :P )

Happy to know you were able to finally solve your problem garger

Tags
crash, everytime, load, subtitle