View Single Post
Old 11th April 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhACKO View Post
How and why is that supposed to work?? What file format does it require? I can see that being useful for playing two or more disc movies, but for playing a folder with episodes it simply doesn't work... This "feature" actually doesn't make any sense if the "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" exists, and it doesn't do what its supposed to do.
How: automatically. Why: IMHO this seems obvious enough (Other approach: simply because its conveniently programmed that way to support BS.Player's users' wishes.)
This way you can e.g. also watch the videofiles (no menues etc !) of a Blue-ray DVD (depending on the compression format used) copied to your HD (...\STREAM\00000.m2ts .... 00001.m2ts etc.) i.a. assuming that you allowed - upon installation - BS.Player to internally install the codecs/filters it needs, such as e.g. Haali.
It works for any video format (and I personally wouldn't mind if it would also work for audio (e.g. think of the tracks of a spoken book)).
It actually also does work for a folder with episodes, provided these are properly numbered consecutively (otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it).
It really does make good sence as it concerns two different features; if you do not see that "all files" (=all media files) differs from (video)files with (same name exept for the) consecutive numbering, well then I can't really help you.
What's more: the "all files" feature was added comparatively recently if compared with the "auto-adding" feature which actually dates back to the early days of BS.Player and it was already implemented in the pre 1.x versions of BS.Player.
To the contrary: it does exactly what it is supposed to do! (Did you try? If so: what BS.Player version/build are you using?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20