View Single Post
Old 5th July 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by girder3.3.4user View Post
Playlist to all files from folder and subfoder's with autoupdate?
Add files to folder or delete files.
for example play D:\Movies\*.* ?
Any chance?
Thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english.
If I understand you correctly you want BS.Player to either support a playlist with wildcards (*.*) or a playlist simply consisting of only a path to a folder, such to the effect that BS.Player would load all (media)files in that folder and in its sub-folders. In fact similar to the options/features which are present in BS.Player's main and playlist (rightclick) menus, i.e. "Open directory" respectively "Add directory" both with the option to "Recurse subdirectories".

Now, as far as I know, such feature for .bsl files isn't supported at present, so that I would advise you to post your request in the "Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions"-forum. If you want, I can do that for you.
That being said, as used to be mentioned in BSPlayer's-about box in the pre 1.x versions, a playlist is just a simple text file with .bsl extension.
The pre 1.x version example of the contents of such text file read:
c:\movies\The Matrix.avi
c:\movies\somefile.avi
d:\videos\myvideo.mpg
A simple way to create a playlist other than by using BSPlayer itself was given by Quietseb in this post at that time (2003).

What BS.Player does support is the option to "Always add all files in current directory to playlist". I didn't test yet if that feature also works if you use a bsl-file to start the player. If it works, the result is similar to what you want (except that it doesn't recurse subdirectories). I'll have to do some testing and then come back on this.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20