View Single Post
Old 29th June 2003
BS.player Regular User

player_lover is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
From build 498 HW color control will work if Overlay mode is enabled (and if supported by card). There is no need for overlay mixer (but in overlay mode 2, overlay mixer is used). For VMR9 I'm not sure, Radeon 9700 should support color controls.
Ok, I should give more info on this:
I'm using build 499 of BSPlayer.

The Brightness color control never worked for me as I like to check the YUV Extended mode in the configuration tab of the DivX codec, so I lose the possibility to adjust brightness in the codec directly. I would never use the brightness adjustements in the codec anyway, because I remember a few while ago when I tryed to use it it increasead CPU load. :( That's why I look for Overlay or VRM9 hardware change of brightness.

Overlay Mixer is not used not even in Overlay mode 2. (or it's not reported by BSPlayer in Properties). Overlay is used in Mode 1 because I can modify the values of color controls in my graphic driver control panel. I cannot change these values when in Mode 2 so I suppose the normal Overlay is not used then.

Hardware color controls don't work properly on ATi graphic cards and that was tested on lots of players. None of them worked. :(

bst, if you're really into this thing, I could write a more detailed post on what happens with color controls (with other players, as well)
It would be really useful to see in the Properties if the Overlay Mixer is used, btw.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20