View Single Post
Old 27th November 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I just finished making several changes to the Dutch translation (and that most probably not for the last time).
While doing so I also observed that a number of strings are missing to be translated, whereas the player also still uses some English texts though there is a translation available.
Missing in the original English file to translate:
"Which frames to drop if set to auto" and
"Choose text size and color" / "text size" and
"BSPlayer is an ad-supported application, meaning there will be ads displayed in Browse and Pause views (but not while you enjoy viewing).
If you don't want to see the ads and want to help us develop BSPlayer, please click the banner on top of this page to install the no-ad version of BSPlayer from Google Play."
(Note that contrary to the MS-Windows version of BSPlayer, there is no reason to NOT include this "FREE-string" in the language xml-file.)
Available translations not being used:
"Cancel": not used at several places (i.a. at "Display mode" and "Play mode"=repeat-mode and at "Choose text size and color")
"Play queue / Most played / Recently played / All files " in Library
Oddities/Confusing texts:
"Show control buttons (play, pauseā€¦) on every play or only on touch"
I think the option (if selected) really concerns "on every play" and NOT "or only on touch", which addition at least confused me.
Under Video decode options in software modus there is an always greyed-out option "Which frames to drop if set to auto"

(This post maybe is to be considered as work in progress)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20