Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th November 2009
BS.player Regular User

Kiki is on a distinguished road
Default Best video settings

Hello, i'm new here.
I have a question,
how to make a best performance for video (divx, xvid...)? Can i render or upscale picture to be like HD picture with Bsplayer.
Or, how is yours settings made?
(i watch movies over HDMI on my full HD tv)
For any of other information, i'm here and i will answer.
Thanks!
Old 4th January 2010
BS.player Regular User

Hillbilly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kiki
As I understand it, the video will be upsampled when you connect via the HDMI connection.
I have a HD plasma connected via HDMI. Ensure that your current video chipset/driver can deliver 1920x1080 at 32bit colour and about 30fps to output HD video to the TV. I found a noticeable improvement in video quality when I moved from the integrated graphics on my motherboard to a separate video card.
It does not have to be an expensive gaming type card. I purchased a video card with an ATI 4550 graphics chip and of course a HDMI socket and it works a treat.
You may also be able to improve video quality by fiddling with the Rendering Mode in the BS Player Prefs. I have not had much joy with this but I will try it again when I get around to moving the OS on the media PC to Win7 - I'll let you know what I find.

Tags
settings, video