Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

pratamishus is on a distinguished road
Question How to start playing video from playlist on Windows start?

Hi!

Just downloaded you player and wanted to say - this is the ONLY player that worked for my needs :). Now question:

I installed this player on an information kiosk and need it to play upon windows start. I have set up everything it opens up in the second screen in full screen mode. I added the shortcut to the startup folder. Everything works fine but it does not launch the video from the created playlist. I have to open the playlist and doubleclick on the video to make it play. What do I need to do in order to make the video start upon Windows launch?

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Options -> preferences -> general -> auto play ?
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Tried that one... Not working :(
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I think it should work by using BS.Player's commandline option.
To this effect create another shortcut to BS.Player and save it in a folder to your liking, making sure the user's rights/privileges for that folder are OK. (You didn't mention your OS, so I don't know if UAC must also be taken into consideration).
The same applies for the playlist you want to auto-start: save it (in playlist window: rightclick and then "Save to file" > Text format" ... etc.).
Now edit "Target" of the shortcut previously created (rightclick on it > Properties) and add to the end of the existing line a <space> followed by:
"[MyDrive]:\[MyPath2File]\[MyPlaylistFile.bsl]"
(Of course instead of the [My....] etc fill in the appropriate data.
If you want you can also auto-start in full screen by adding as parameter at the end: <space>-fs
You can also add other parameters like -hide or -eend or .... .... as mentioned in the file "cmdline.txt" which is in the folder named "doc" inside BS.Player's installation-folder. Contents of cmdline.txt:
Code:
Command line parameters
-----------------------
-fs  Start in fullscreen mode
-ar=W:H  Aspect ratio, ex.: -ar=16:9
-asx  Start with x audio stream
 x=1-> 1st audio stream
 x=2-> 2nd audio stream
 x=n-> n audio stream
-pan  Pan-scan mode
-nsub  Disable subtitles
-skin=SKIN Start with specified skin, ex.:-skin=Base
-res=WxHxDxF Startup resolution (W=width, H=height, D=color depth, F=Frequency), ex.: -res=800x600x32-80
-lang=  Specify language, ex:. -lang=English
-eend  Exit when movie is finished
-sdown  Shutdown when movie is finished
-stime=x Start movie at x seconds
-deskmode Start in desktop mode
-hide  Hide controls
Save the shortcut after having finished editing it.
Now test it first (without BS.Player already running).
If it works, try if using thàt shortcut in the startup folder does the trick (I think it should).
If it doesn't work, there may be a typo in the part you edited in the shortcut's target. Maybe attach it to a post on this forum so that we may take a look at it. (Don't forget to also mention your OS please.)
Let us know if you succeeded pse!

P.S.:
  • BS.Player's option "Auto play" must still be selected.
  • If you want BS.Player to repeat the playlist when finished, you should set BS.Player's repeat mode to "Repeat all".
  • If you know how to program, maybe also have a look at the files bsp.h or bsp.pas inside the "sdk"-folder in BS.Player's installation folder.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Newbie

AMAZING. It took me 15 minutes to make it work, man :) Thank you sooooooo much. I've been killing myself all day trying to do that. THANK YOU
Old 23rd September 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I'm very glad that I was able to point you in the right direction!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
playing, playlist, video, windows, windows startup