Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th December 2011
BS.Player Newbie

puppinoo is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles for streamed videos.

Hi,
Just registered to congratulate for this great player.
Since I like to watch stuff in english language with subtitles, I just miss the chance to look for subtitles while watching streamed videos. Unfortunately if I try to look for the subs as soon as I launch a streamed video, it never finds anything (even if the .avi has the right release name...). If I put the .srt into "files" subfolder it finds it but it's too strict about filename which has to be exactly the same as the video. I'd like a) the online auto search to work for streamed media too or b) at least select subtitles from "files" (or other) folder just choosing for extensions (.srt, .ass etc) and not for exact sub filename.

Thanks a lot.
Pino.

P.s.: Using Galaxy S i9000 with MIUI.
Old 3rd January 2012
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

If a subtitle name has the same beggining (xxx_eng.srt, xxx-fi.srt...) as video, BSPlayer will display it. We will think about the option to load subtitles manually.
Old 5th January 2012
BS.Player Newbie

puppinoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
If a subtitle name has the same beggining (xxx_eng.srt, xxx-fi.srt...) as video, BSPlayer will display it. We will think about the option to load subtitles manually.
Thanks for reply.
I'm usually streaming the video from the wan (internet file hosting for instance). and each time I have to make it find the .srt into cache folder. Online search doesn't work for streamed contents. The great solution should be BS Player to be able to parse the remote link ("http.www.megaupload.com/141414/name.of.the.video.avi" for instance) , isolate the name of the video and treat it as it was locally so could search for a .srt online. Of course the chance to simply choose the file from filesystem in whichever folder I have them should be appreciated too, but online search could be awesome.

Thanks again.
Pino.

Tags
streamed, subtitles, videos