Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th July 2012
BS.Player Newbie

alpine is on a distinguished road
Default VOB File association not sticky

BS Player seems to be the best I have found for Android, and even works for me on .VOB files. The only problem I have is that I cannot permanently associate it with the VOB file type. I have to long press on the file in question, select 'open as video' and then choose BSplayer. Trying to make this the default doesn't do anything, just clicking on the files produces a 'Sorry no application is available'. Any ideas please how to fix this, or does it need an updated BSPlayer. System is a Xoom running ICS and the current version of BSPlayer.
Old 18th July 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Did you already try to add vob to the list of file extensions?
(menu >) Preferences > Extensions (under General preferences) and then enter vob, and click on [OK]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 18th July 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Did you already try to add vob to the list of file extensions?
(menu >) Preferences > Extensions (under General preferences) and then enter vob, and click on [OK]
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried that some time ago, it's first in the list. It's as though the message hasn't penetrated to Android itself!
Old 19th July 2012
BS.Player Newbie

I haven't previously used the inbuilt 'browse' function in BSplayer. Using it, the files play OK. I usually use ES Filemanager to find videos, and it may be that the associations list isn't getting passed to it in its modified form.

Tags
association, file, sticky, vob