Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

krisbi is on a distinguished road
Default BS Player on Galaxy Tab 2

I would like to thank the developers for such a good video player that takes all that is thrown to it.

I have one question which perhaps might be stupid.
I have the majority of my videos on the external card and whilst other inferior players give 2 options ie. 1.SD CARD 2.Ext SD Card the BS player only lets me browse the internal SD card.

Can you help me?
Old 22nd August 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Usually your SD card is mounted on a separate folder named ext_SD or external_SD...which can be found on the root. So, try to go one level UP and search the folder.
Old 22nd August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Tried everywhere but nothing. I can only play files from the external card using 'myfiles' app. All other players work well. Any ideas?

P.S. my tablet is not rooted.
Old 23rd August 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Here are some info about folder structure

[SGS] Folder Structure - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
Old 23rd August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

I have a galaxy s2 too and everything is ok with bs player, I can access external card with no problems. Only on galaxy tab 2 the problem exists.
Old 26th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

Wowmail is on a distinguished road

Having no issues here on my Tab 2.7. It finds SD, Internal and network shares just fine.

Hope this helps
Old 24th September 2012
BS.Player Newbie

olorin2 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to revive this thread, because I'm having the exact issue, but on a different tablet. I have an Asus Transformer Infinity, and in BSPlayer I cannot see any files on my SD card. I have the player installed on my HTC Thunderbolt as well, and I see the SD card files with no problems at all.

So in order to play movies on my tablet, I need to browse from my file manager app. The movies play fine once I find them there, but I'd really like to be able to just browse from the player. I've sent a message to the developer, but so far no response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 10th November 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
On my (cheap) QW TB-1207 Android 4.0.3, it is a bit hard to find the external SD card too (in BSPlayer's browser mode).
When using FileManager you can directly (at the top bar) select either internal or external SD card (or USB or ... etc.).
However, BS.Player (in browser mode) will show you the internal SD-card with no fuss at all, but it takes a bit more to find the external SD-card.
First you (repeatedly) tap "Browse" till you get at the top (or root) of the tree.
Then, on my device, I have to tap on "mnt" (I assume this stands for "mount") and then select "extsd" ("sdcard" is also shown under "mnt", but that's the internal one).
What path further to follow - of course - depends on the structure you may have created yourself on your SD-card.
Maybe this is similar on other tablets, the owners of which have trouble to find their external SD-card using BSPlayer's browser?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!

Tags
galaxy, player, tab