Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

kyzaac is on a distinguished road
Default Random problems with new release

bs player was working perfect, i formatted my pc a few weeks ago and downloaded the newest version, i updated to the 1051 yesterday, it fixed a few problems but not all. The only one that bothers me is the freezing, if theres a fix for the others thats a bonus.

-Randomly Freezes- i get the windows critical error sound repeatedly till i close bs player with task manager.

-Sound Problems- i have a hdmi cable hooked from pc to my tv, now it randomly switches back to the pc speakers, not a big issue, its just kind of annoying

-Random Shows When Opening- i am watching a tv series, and whenever i click on the next episode its starts playing something i watched a few days ago, or previously watched.
Old 28th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Ar_15 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzaac View Post
-Randomly Freezes- i get the windows critical error sound repeatedly till i close bs player with task manager.
I'm getting this freezes too, usually at the end of what I'm watching
I've noticed this bug since I updated to version 2.57.1051

Tried changing the rendering mode but didn't work

Using Win 7 Ultimate x64 with ATI Catalyst 10.10

edit:
Don't know if it's relevant, but i'm using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.90 too

Last edited by Ar_15; 1st March 2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 28th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

kyzaac is on a distinguished road

im using basically the same, just a different version of ATI Catalyst 2009.0813.....
Old 29th March 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

To both of you: I suppose you installed BS.Player with all its default settings (and also allowed BS.Player to internally install its preferred codecs/filters (internally meaning: for exclusive use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters) or ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar_15 View Post
...edit:
Don't know if it's relevant, but i'm using K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 6.90 too
I don't know if it's relevant either, but what I do know is that I've always and consistently advised against using codec packs!
(Bigger surely doesn't always mean better!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzaac View Post
....-Random Shows When Opening- i am watching a tv series, and whenever i click on the next episode its starts playing something i watched a few days ago, or previously watched.
Verify your settings under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Playlist
and click on "Repeat off" under
(rightclick >) Playback > Playback mode
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th May 2011
BS.Player Power User

DragonFighter is an unknown quantity at this point

I confirm that "Randomly Freezing" bug. It usually occurs towards the end or when trying to move backwards or forwards the movie.

Tags
random, release