Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

foteinh is on a distinguished road
Post ΜΗΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΤΕ ΝΑ ΜΕ ΒΟΗΘΗΣΕΤΕ ΕΧΩ ΤΗΝ ΕΚΔΟΣΗ 2,58 free KAI DEN DOYLEYEI

ΚΑΛΗΜΕΡΑ ΣΑΣ ΜΗΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΤΕ ΝΑ ΜΕ ΒΟΗΘΗΣΕΤΕ ΕΧΩ ΤΗΝ ΕΚΔΟΣΗ 2,58 free ΚΑΙ ΔΕΝ ΜΠΟΡΟ ΝΑ ΑΚΟΥΣΟ ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ ΑΝΟΙΓΩ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΑ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΛΙΓΟ ΜΟΥ ΛΕΕΙ ΣΦΑΛΜΑ ΠΡΟΣΠΑΘΗΣΑ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΤΗΝ ΚΑΙΝΟΥΡΓΙΑ ΕΚΔΟΣΗ ΑΛΛΑ ΤΟ ΑΝΤΙΒΑΡΙΟΥΣ ΜΟΥ ΛΕΕΙ ΟΤΙ ΕΧΕΙ ΙΟ ΚΑΙ ΔΕ ΜΠΟΡΟ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΜΗΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΤΕ ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΕΙΤΕ ΤΗ ΝΑ ΚΑΝΩ ΓΙΑ ΝΑ ΔΙΟΡΘΟΘΕΙ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΒΛΗΜΑ ΕΙΤΕ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΝΑ ΦΤΙΑΞΩ ΤΟ ΣΦΑΛΜΑ Η ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΕΙΤΕ ΠΩΣ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΤΟ ΚΑΙΝΟΥΡΓΙΟ ΧΩΡΙΣ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΠΑΙΡΝΕΙ ΤΟ ΑΝΤΙΒΑΡΙΟΥΣ ΣΑΝ ΙΟ ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ ΠΟΛΛΥ
Old 29th May 2012
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

There is no virus in BS.Player Free. What virusscanner do you use?
Download BS.Player Free here (click here).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th May 2012
BS.Player Newbie

foteinh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foteinh View Post
ΚΑΛΗΜΕΡΑ ΣΑΣ ΜΗΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΤΕ ΝΑ ΜΕ ΒΟΗΘΗΣΕΤΕ ΕΧΩ ΤΗΝ ΕΚΔΟΣΗ 2,58 free ΚΑΙ ΔΕΝ ΜΠΟΡΟ ΝΑ ΑΚΟΥΣΟ ΜΟΥΣΙΚΗ ΑΝΟΙΓΩ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΓΡΑΜΑ ΚΑΙ ΜΕΤΑ ΑΠΟ ΛΙΓΟ ΜΟΥ ΛΕΕΙ ΣΦΑΛΜΑ ΠΡΟΣΠΑΘΗΣΑ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΤΗΝ ΚΑΙΝΟΥΡΓΙΑ ΕΚΔΟΣΗ ΑΛΛΑ ΤΟ ΑΝΤΙΒΑΡΙΟΥΣ ΜΟΥ ΛΕΕΙ ΟΤΙ ΕΧΕΙ ΙΟ ΚΑΙ ΔΕ ΜΠΟΡΟ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΜΗΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΤΕ ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΕΙΤΕ ΤΗ ΝΑ ΚΑΝΩ ΓΙΑ ΝΑ ΔΙΟΡΘΟΘΕΙ ΤΟ ΠΡΟΒΛΗΜΑ ΕΙΤΕ ΜΕ ΤΟ ΝΑ ΦΤΙΑΞΩ ΤΟ ΣΦΑΛΜΑ Η ΝΑ ΜΟΥ ΠΕΙΤΕ ΠΩΣ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΕΒΑΣΩ ΤΟ ΚΑΙΝΟΥΡΓΙΟ ΧΩΡΙΣ ΝΑ ΤΟ ΠΑΙΡΝΕΙ ΤΟ ΑΝΤΙΒΑΡΙΟΥΣ ΣΑΝ ΙΟ ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΩ ΠΟΛΛΥ
ΕΧΩ ΤΟ ΝΟD 32 ANTIBARIOYS 5
Old 29th May 2012
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately, softonic is blocked by Eset NOD32 due to the conduit toolbar extension.
The EU server is blocked also but with no error message, so I can't say is is the same error.
As I am a long-time user of NOD32 I wouldn't advise to disable it. Just wait for a while until this problem is solved.

Δυστυχώς, softonic έχει αποκλειστεί από το ESET NOD32 λόγω της επέκτασης γραμμής εργαλείων αγωγό.
Ο διακομιστής ΕΕ παρεμποδίζεται επίσης, αλλά με κανένα μήνυμα λάθους, οπότε δεν μπορώ να πω είναι είναι το ίδιο λάθος.
Όπως είμαι και πολύ καιρό χρήστης του NOD32 δεν θα συμβούλευα να το απενεργοποιήσετε. Απλά περιμένετε λίγο μέχρι αυτό το πρόβλημα έχει λυθεί.
Old 29th May 2012
BS.Player Master

@foteinh:
Did you already try on downloadpage to first select EU-server (Softonic is selected as default) and then click on [Download Free]-button?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th May 2012
BS.Player Master

I am also using NOD32 and EU server is blocked also (download stops at 99%)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOD32.jpg (99.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 30th May 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
....The EU server is blocked also but with no error message, so I can't say is is the same error.....
You apparently cannot say its caused by the same issue, so that's exactly why I asked foteinh whether he already tried.
In as far as I can see download isn't blocked, just stopped and a warning shown (for a possible unwanted application).
I think it is simply possible to click on [No action] (or use the advanced options) so that download continues.
Upon installation the user can always select to do it without BS.Players Control Bar, by unchecking/deselecting the box in question:

As long-time BS.Player users, I think we can surely trust BS.Player's EU server and indicate to other users how they can proceed if they don't trust BS.Player's controlbar (or any controlbar for that matter).
(Did you, as apparently also a long-time user of NOD32, already contact them on this issue?)
Old 30th May 2012
BS.Player Master

First message is given by Internet Explorer that download has been interrupted. At the time the screencap was taken, the message dissapeard. Afterwards NOD32 pops up the mesage that download has been blocked due to a posibly unwanted aplication (conduit toolbar which is integrated in BSPlayer's installer). That's exactly what foteinh said and it's the same behaviour.
As far as contacting ESET...I don't think is my problem. I am (just like you) in no way conected nor represent Webteh (or conduit) to discuss such a matter with ESET.

Meanwhile, as you can see in the picture above, I can say it's the same behaviour as softonic server. Problem is not in softonic servers nor in Webteh EU server, but in conduit toolbar. So, if conduit want to be unlisted from NOD32 list of possibly unwanted aplications, they must contact ESET.
Old 30th May 2012
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
First message is given by Internet Explorer that download has been interrupted. ....
I assume the interruption was effected by NOD32 (irrespective of the fact that IE showed (=passed on) that first message, which you say dissappeared when making the screenshot). Now, interruption, in my vocabulary, doesn't mean finally and definitively blocked. You totally disregard....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
...In as far as I can see download isn't blocked, just stopped and a warning shown (for a possible unwanted application).
I think it is simply possible to click on [No action] (or use the advanced options) so that download continues.

As long-time BS.Player users, I think we can surely trust BS.Player's EU server and indicate to other users how they can proceed if they don't trust BS.Player's controlbar (or any controlbar for that matter).
Any reason why? Doesn't NOD32 in reality recognize its user as "boss" and final decision-maker of what to do or not to do?
Old 31st May 2012
BS.Player Master

Yes, you are right, the user is the boss. You can decide what to do. In IE9 you even have the option to resume download.
As for semantics....NOD32 blocks a site by displaying a red label on the site if it's in dangerous sites list or stop a download after finished (when it can scan the downloaded file) before moving the file from temporary location to the download selected location. So, in fact NOD32 doesn't block the download, just doesn't allow the file to be moved.
On the other hand, why NOD32 doesn't warn you about google toolbar, or yahoo's ? I wonder why, after so many years, NOD32 keeps warning about conduit toolbar.
I asume you know that conduit's toolbar call home and send back your search criteria.
Old 31st May 2012
BS.Player Master

With respect to the last few lines of your post, I don't see why this veiled sarcasm? I assume you know about Google Analytics too?
I wonder: aren't we also here to provide support to BS.Player users? So shouldn't we point out to them how they could safely download and install BS.Player FREE without BS.Player's Controlbar if they want to avoid it? Or should we just sit down and accept whatever difficulties NOD32 (or any other AV-program for that matter) throws on users' paths? I personally don't think so! (E.g. see this post and thread when Norton caused difficulties back in 2004.) So why are you so stubborny refusing to help users to overcome a problem caused by NOD32? Simply because you also use it? I would say that's exactly why you're in the best position to help them.
Old 1st June 2012
BS.Player Master

You gave him the best possible explanation. I don't think there is something to add to your post.
Simply allow the download and don't install toolbar.

Tags
σφαλμα