Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Rosa is on a distinguished road
Angry HELP! BSPlayer stops working after pausing

I want to report a problem that happens to me every time I use either BsPlayer Pro 2.63 or BSPlayer 2.64
I have to use this program. It has some subtitle features that I desperately need.
The problem starts when I click pause to read a subtitle, the programme stops working, freezes and sometimes the sound continues playing. I have to run Task Manager to end this.

This problem always occurs after a number of pause clicks not just one click, i.e. I click pause, reading a bit, resuming a video a bit, pausing to read for one second, resuming but the program goes crazy meaning it freezes stops working

I've tried this program with two laptops.

One has windows 7, 64-bit Opreating System. I can't type the rest of its specifications. I don't have it right now.

The other which I'm using right now it's TOSHIBA windows 8, Intel Core i7 - 3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 64-bit Opreating System. More specifications of my laptop is here,
Toshiba | Computers | Satellite | Satellite P850 series | Satellite P850-B489

I hope you help me finding a solution to this annoying problem. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one complaining about it.
Old 1st March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

CarlyByrnes is on a distinguished road

I am also experiencing same problem when I pause the BSPlayer it stops working completely. I am using it on my windows 7 PC. I was a bit concerned that if this problem is occurring with me only
Old 1st March 2013
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

We cannot repeat this. Does this happen with any specific filetype or all media files? Local or streamed?
Old 1st March 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I haven't tested in last 2 months but same problem occured on my laptop but only with MP4 files (Gabest splitter and CoreAVC). Also clicking on the progress bar freezes the playback for about 20 secs and afterwards it speeds the playback for another 5 secs.
Also framerate reported is doubled in MP4 and MKV files (only). Actual playback framerate is displayed correctly (23,976).
Since then, i avoid pausing or scrolling MP4 files.
Old 2nd March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Rosa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man View Post
We cannot repeat this. Does this happen with any specific filetype or all media files? Local or streamed?
I only tried .avi files I've never check any other filetype. About the media files, they are local.

Tags
pausing, stops, working