Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

J.F. is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see these in this thread, so I'll list what I have seen.

480 wide videos use the wrong stride, so the display is diagonally skewed. This affects things like SVCD mpeg2 streams. The 0.86 version plays them correctly.

.m2v files seem to crash bsplayer.

Doing rather well for such a major rewrite. I still keep 0.86.501 installed for the few things it doesn't (yet) play properly, but it mostly works well.
Old 19th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

arcon is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know if the developer(s) read the skin-forum while checking for bugreports, so i post this here too since it concerns the oldskin plugin for bsplayer 1.0rc1:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3117#9084
Old 19th November 2003
BS.player Regular User

arcon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 issues (Access violation with 2 sound cards;image prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n@d
The movie window is bigger then the eral movie. Like this:
----------------
| | |
| movie | ? |
| | |
-----------------
if posting ascii art use the code tags:

Code:
--------------------
|             |    |
|  movie      | ?  |
|             |    |
--------------------
Old 19th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

powder is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if this would be a bug or feature request but:

If you add your own custom file extensions for BSPlayer to associate with (eg. MP4, M4A); even though BSPlayer associates itself with these files, you are still unable to see the actual files when viewing "Media files" after pressing the open/eject button.

Again, not sure if this would be a bug, but it would be a nice feature so you would not have to select "All files" to see the associated media.
Old 19th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

brojan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Playlist - Adding OGG files

I can add OGG files to the playlist if I select them by file. When I attempt to add a directory the OGG files don't get added to the playlist.
Old 19th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

samtech is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakalro
Using Windows 2000 SP3

Other than this error when clicking Audio preferences:
BSPlayer v1.00.800, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004A6C74
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 004A6C74 in module 'bsplay.exe'. Read of address 00000000
EAccessViolation
, 0x004DFFFB, 0x004E01F9, 0x004534E7, 0x0044A832, 0x77E3A2D0, 0x77E16B21, 0x77E25010, 0x717521F0,

And there is some stuff missing.
Well , i also have the same problem on my laptop , i'm using Win XP pro SP1 , and it also gave another error a blue screen and then the PC rebooted , what is something strange on Win XP(something gone realy wrong) ,sometimes also gives the unhandled exception when opening 2 or 3 files without closing the player, i also got the SkinNot superted error when trying to use some skins from the previous version ,now i stiil got the 0.86 build 501 version of BSplayer , and no problems .

Also didn't notied any lag on movie playing , but i'm on a P4 2.3 laptop, it might be noticeable on a slower machine (have to try on my K6 500) , the thing i noticed was when draging the window.

Apart from this minor incident's BS player is one of the greatest Player's i've seen. just keep up the good work ;-) the new skin's are realy very good!!!

SAmtech
Old 20th November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

MrGnome is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintel
Ok the only overlay mode that works lag-free is overlay 2 currently here.

Changing between overlays also requires that no video files are loaded, or an unhandled exception occurs and a restart is required.

When selecting rgb overlay, the mouse keeps jumping around in the box with the mode select, only way to get the mouse out of the box is by pressing escape. Performance in rgb mode is abysmal compared to the other modes.

(Stop me when i'm saying things you already know :-))
Same here:
Overlay Mode 1 not working (defaults to non-overlay)
Overlay Mode 2 Working,
VMR-9 works sometimes, but has problems with aspect ratio and wmv files

Video: Catalyst 3.9, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
System: XP Pro
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Cez is an unknown quantity at this point

ok it works fine on all aspects but apparently it crashes when one uses a dual monitor....

the setup

when BS player loads and is put on the main monitor (1) and opens the OGM file on the monitor (1)
Drag the movie OGM to the other monitor (2) and the msg comes up as follows:

Code:
BSPlayer v1.00.800, Unhandled exception at EIP: 0A17E521
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 0A17E521 in module 'OggDs.dll'. Read of address 00000000
EAccessViolation
, 0x004DFFFB, 0x004E01F9, 0x004534E7, 0x0044A832, 0x77D43A50, 0x77D43B1F, 0x77D45B2C, 0x77D45F73, 0x004CA175, 0x77D43A50, 0x77D43B1F, 0x77D43D79, 0x77D44374, 0x004E0BC4, 0x77E814C7

Bytes at EIP: 8B 08 8D 54 24 0C 52 68 D0 45 8E 01 50 FF 11 85 C0 7C
in order to prevent this it seems one has to open an avi file or mpg in the main window, then drag it to monitor (2) and pick the ogm one would like to watch, then itseems to have no problem playin in monitor (2) but if one moves it to monitor (1) again, it shows the same error....:( I hope this helps.
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

kupiku_2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default double click bug

Switch full screen mode on double click function doesn´t work propertly, because you can make click, wait for 5 or 10 seconds, to do another one click and will count it as if you made click double. I think that this function would be more correct to call it "a pair of clicks to switch full screen" , y prefer to double click like 0.86 version, ??any one see this bug?. Also if you do a real "double click" the screen will be left as it where.

PTA: I also see the exception of the audio settings

NEW NOTE!!!!: I have discovered that this bug (double click bug) appears when you have activated the three following functions:
-Always start in full screen mode
-Switch full screen mode on double click
-Pause movie on single click
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

sn00py is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same problem using bsplayer 1.00RC1 on my Nvidia card with dual head monitors as well.

It display fine on the primary monitor but not on the secondary monitor. I know there isn't a problem with my video card because I can play the same movie with Microsoft windows media player and winamp 5.0RC8 and it will display just fine on both screen, so it is definately a BIG bug in bsplayer.

It would be nice if this problem can be fix soon because it is so annoying.
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.player Regular User

KHysiek is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find any Thread priority options. Player lags when some other app heavily uses CPU (de-/compression).
Some skins don't show some options (i.e. Mediabox doesn't show if there are any subtitles active).

Often controls reset to left top position obscuring movie window. When I move it elsewhere it goes back to left top after restart of BSP. It happens if any part (for example few pixels) of controls is out of screen, on next time it resets. I think there should be option in right-click of video window with "reset controls position".
Old 22nd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Rizban is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Next / Prev keys or buttons don't go to next file

(I orginally put this message in the wrong forum)

Has anyone tried using the next / previous keys? When you have several files in the playlist, the next / prev keys do not go to the next file in the playlist. It seems to go to a random playlist entry.

Can anyone else duplicate this problem?
Old 23rd November 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Sol-Badguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Noticed a wierd one I play a movie encoded in DIV3 with YUY2 DR and it screws up every time, but on one that has YUY2 DR-overlay it works, can someone tell me why? Never had this problem before I am sure its the new player cause I play the same file in winamp 5rc8 and it plays back like it should. Fix please.

Tags
rc1, thread, v10