Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

TheHappyOne is an unknown quantity at this point

it showed the subtitle until the half of movie, then nothing...
I had to watch the rest of the movie with mediaplayer and divxg400.
Old 16th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

vortex is an unknown quantity at this point

OGM with external .srt subtitles (the 00:00:37,060 --> 00:00:40,052 format) crashes with
Code:
BSPlayer v1.00.803, Unhandled exception at EIP: 004E0F5B
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Access violation at address 004E0F5B in module 'bsplay.exe'. Read of address 00000010
EAccessViolation
, 0x004E746F, 0x004E766D, 0x00453527, 0x0044A872, 0x77E3A2D0, 0x77E16B21, 0x77E25010, 0x77B56DA8, 0x77B56CC7, 0x77B56D86, 0x77B83051, 0x77B56CC7, 0x77B56BE7, 0x77E3A2D0, 0x77E145E5, 0x77E15B51, 0x004E8584, 0x7C5987E7

Bytes at EIP: 83 78 10 00 0F 8E CC 00 00 00 8B C3 E8 E0 D5 FF FF B2
no matter what the subtitles settings say (tried "disable" and "auto load in current directory") when trying to auto load subtitles. The subtitles are not shown until loaded manually again.

Works fine when loading subtitles manually afterwards.
Works fine with AVI.
Works fine in conjunction with DirectVobSub (but I don't like using it because it flips the picture initially, for some obscure reason).

Side effects:
- OGM chapters are not shown in BSPlayer when this occurs (though they are present in the OggDS menu)
- the movie window doesn't appear at first, have to switch to fullscreen and back
- the movie window becomes zoomed to the fullscreen size, not the original movie size after doing this for the first time

Supposedly the previous release didn't have this problem (will tell more when I try it out)
Old 16th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

vortex is an unknown quantity at this point

0.86.500 works.
Old 17th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

buster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Raw sub data displayed

As you can see, raw data is being displayed, instead of the actual sub content (in this case, just the word "Luna"). This is with Matroska files only. I downloaded the "Tokyo Mew Mew" test from http://matroska.free.fr/samples/ and get the same result.

Subs display properly in zoom and in media player classic.

Love your player and would like to use it for everything. Using build 803.
Old 17th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Machamac is an unknown quantity at this point

Another Bug with Subtitles.
The Version 1 does not support srt files containing subtitle with 3 lines while with sub files, it works just fine; :evil:
Old 18th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jang0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_hawke
French subtitles do not work either. All ?•, ?© and Ä? are simply left out!
No, they do work and they aren't left out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_hawke
but i thought that the french letters ?© Ä? ?• are still ANSI(0), which also should work.
Yes, you're right and they do work!

Same old "problem" probably as with BSPlayer's previous version. Have a look here (2nd item).
No, they don't work!

See:

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3733 (Second Item)
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3770

It can't be solved by changing character script

Please take the users who make bug reports and thus contribute to the development, more serious.
Old 19th January 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machamac
Another Bug with Subtitles.
The Version 1 does not support srt files containing subtitle with 3 lines while with sub files, it works just fine; :evil:
Are you sure you're BSPlayer's native features to display subtitles or do you have VobSub or something similar installed?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 20th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

cancel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default font size

hi .. i had an problem while watching movie and after some time subtitles disapeared and did not come back again. I found that this happens when long subtitle came(iow more lines). I found workaround that i decreased font size and restart player and then also long subtitles worked fine. it happened with srt files, i did not tested with other but seems to be general.

thanks

cancel
Old 25th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

?–zt??rker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancel
hi .. i had an problem while watching movie and after some time subtitles disapeared and did not come back again. I found that this happens when long subtitle came(iow more lines). I found workaround that i decreased font size and restart player and then also long subtitles worked fine. it happened with srt files, i did not tested with other but seems to be general.

thanks

cancel
i tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears anad never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.

i really liked v1.00 803 but this problem should solved.
please help
thanks
Old 26th January 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3 lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?–zt??rker
I tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears and never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.
Are you sure you're using BSPlayers native feature of being able to display subtitles, or do you perhaps also have e.g. VobSub installed (which also handles the subtitles)? (E.g. check if there is some kind of a green arrow in your system tray).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default Re: 3 lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?–zt??rker
I tested it with sub files and also i have the same problem. When the subtitle is more than 2 lines it disappears and never comes back until you restart BSPlayer.
Are you sure you're using BSPlayers native feature of being able to display subtitles, or do you perhaps also have e.g. VobSub installed (which also handles the subtitles)? (E.g. check if there is some kind of a green arrow in your system tray).
VobSub is not installed. there is no green arrow int the tray. but still i've got problem with 3 lined subs. Please help
thanks
Old 26th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default 3 lines

also i realized that it happens when the
auto resize font if line is too long
check box is checked. Please solve this bug

Tags
803, subtitle