Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Problem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help! SVCD problem :(

Hi,

BSPlayer works fine for me, but when I want to see SVCD-files, it doesn't work and it shows the message: :?

----
The DLL "mplvpx.dll" can not be loaded. OS reports: Kan opgegeven module niet vinden.
----

The last sentence is Dutch, it means something like: Can't find the module.
What must I do to see SVCD files? I have the latest version of BSPlayer and the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack.

Please Help :(
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I think this .dll is part of the Ligos Mpeg-2 decoder, which is included in K-Lite codec pack (which also includes Elecard Mpeg-2 decoder). From what I understand reading posts in this forum is that most users prefer Elecard. Latest K-Lite version is 2.20. K-Lite codec pack allows you to install only what you want. DO SO! In this connection please also have a look at this thread and at this post.

Quote:
Suggestion : In most situations, you do not need to install codec/filter packs and certainly not every codec/filter that comes with these packs. In fact, you may run into problems if you install too many codec/filters on your computer. It is highly recommended that you only install the codec/filters that you absolutely need.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Thanx :D It works now! :P
I first uninstalled K-Lite Codec Pack, then installed it again with Elecard Mpeg-2 decoder and removed the Ligos Mpeg-2 decoder.

I guess my mistake was that I've installed two different Mpeg-2 decoders. That caused problems.

The art is knowing to restrict yourself!!! :)
Old 5th December 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
From what I understand reading posts in this forum is that most users prefer Elecard.
In the K-Lite Codec Pack setup they say that Ligos is the recommended one. :?
Ligos is also much bigger (6,4MB) than Elecard (0,8MB).

By reading this, you should say that Ligos is better. But at this forum the majority prefers Elecard you said. I guess Ligos probably has lots of useless codecs that only make your bsplayer go crazy :shock:

P.S. I've installed Elecard.

Tags
svcd