Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th April 2004
BS.Player Newbie

pika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subtitles problem

hi,

the player does not remember the subtitle position. it is quite anoyning when player a 2 cd movie.

thanks
Old 26th April 2004
BS.player Regular User

Pleuris is an unknown quantity at this point

perhaps problems with the sub itself

try subtitle workshop

look with google :idea:
Old 27th April 2004
BS.Player Newbie

what do you mean ? .srt files have no position information in it. perhaps .sub files have some more information like font and style, but not the .srt files.

i remember on previous versions of BSPlayer a "remember subtitle position" option. there seems to be none on the new version.
Old 27th April 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Don't recall to see this problem any more since build 803. Try to upgrade to the latest build, 808, under nightly builds. This is not a subtitle file problem. Nor .srt, nor .sub don't have something like this. They are simple text files.
Old 27th April 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

No problem here whatsoever!
Just tested with build 808 (27 April 2004) and 2 CD version of Harry Potter.
One CD in PC's DVD-player and the other in PC's CD-player.
Also when playing another movie file after that, BSPlayer remembers position of subtitle.
Are you sure you're using BSPlayer's native possibility to display subtitles and that you are not (maybe unknowingly) using another program for that?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th April 2004
BS.Player Newbie

hi BSPeter,
i'm positive, i have nothing more than BSPlayer. if you meant other tools like vobsub or whatsoever, i have nothing.

anyway, i'll try the build 808.
thank you guys for your help
Old 28th April 2004
BS.player Regular User

bxxxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: subtitles problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika
hi,

the player does not remember the subtitle position. it is quite anoyning when player a 2 cd movie.

thanks
808v bsplayer does not remember custom position of subtitles :!:
Old 28th April 2004
BS.Player Master

@bxxxb: Like I mentioned in my post here above.
No problem here whatsoever with remembering custom position (I executed my above mentioned test with subtitles at the top of the movie window)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 28th April 2004
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
@bxxxb: Like I mentioned in my post here above.
No problem here whatsoever with remembering custom position (I executed my above mentioned test with subtitles at the top of the movie window)
you are right about that test but please try something another,like to put subtitles down of the movie window,but not in the black space....ok try another movie and....subtitles are lower then they are in previous movie......

at the end custom means custom......or you just dont want to see :?:
Old 28th April 2004
BS.Player Master

Customary I don't have my subtitles somewhere in the middle or at the top of my movie, but somewhere at the bottom.
So I used "Custom position" to move them to those custom positions.
(I tested mid-movie and at top of the window).
The most recent manually chosen position is remembered. (Also for another movie not played before)!
Isn't that what custom position means? ... or don't you just want to read what I write?

P.S. Using big sized characters does not help! I simply don't have and/or can reproduce your problem.
Old 28th April 2004
BS.player Regular User

ok, ok but the trouble is cos i'm not the only one who have that problems,so....whats wrong...... our brains or your progie :?:
i know you sugest second option :shock: :oops:
and that doesn't help eather :idea:
Old 28th April 2004
BS.Player Master

@bxxxb:
First of all I certainly would not consider and designate BSPlayer, rather depreciatory, a "proggie", considered its large and mostly happy userbase.
Secondly you should try to be better informed and not jump to conclusions as it certainly is not my creation. BSPlayer's creator is bst. I'm not even a programmer, but a user (and translator) of BSPlayer, who usually tries to be of some help to fellow-users of BSPlayer.
Thirdly it is generally considered as rude, when people try to prove their point by shouting (either using a loud voice or "loud" characters); it doesn't impress me at the least, but instead has an opposite effect on me.
Lots of luck in your further life. Be sure I won't bother you again!
:?
Old 29th April 2004
BS.Player Master

Sorry to intrude, BSPeter, even if he(she) is shouting loud, he is right. I also have the problem. I am trying to track down the cause, so is BST (see my post about that). So, hope we will have an answer on that issue soon.

To bxxxb:
By any chance, do you have VobSub installed ?
Old 29th April 2004
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
To bxxxb:
By any chance, do you have VobSub installed ?
well adicoto i had vobsub installed but i uninstalled it recently. actually its just a dll file(latest gabest version from sourceforge) which you have to register or unregister from cmd prompt(i also delete file and reg entries). i'm afraid vobsub don't have any relations with this problem but who knows. i also have latest media player classic on my machine...but the trouble is i like bs player and i use this program for a while...
so first time when i have problem with this software i came here to report this problem and find help or support- on the bug forum....but what happened here? its hard to understand, but moderator is angry because i (and other people) report a bug?
isn't that funny? :lol:
...and bspeter i've been rude and i'm sorry about that but thats because nobody take our problems seriously!
Old 29th April 2004
BS.Player Master

First of all, BSPeter seems a really nice person, and I am afraid is the only one who support this forum as moderator and I am sure he takes problems seriously. So, sometimes he gets tired and probably a little bit nervous. I also had VobSub installed (to create a VCD with subtitles on it). I am not sure, but before uninstalling it, subtitle position was remembered. After uninstalling, subtitles got screwed up. SO, maybe this is the cause. On the weekend I plan a clean reinstall of my Windows, and if all is ok without VobSub, and after installing it, it get screwed, then this is the explanation.
Old 30th April 2004
BS.Player Master

Default F I X E D !!!

FIXED .... follow this thread ...
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?p=13484#13484

Tags
subtitles