Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

SuperNick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem with Playing audio streams in BsPlayer

Sometimes when I watch some films with bsp I can’t choose alternative integrated audio streams. The film and its default audio stream are played well by bsp, but when I enter BS Player’s menu (trying to change the stream, Audio -> Audio Streams) I can’t select any stream, the icon is inactive…
It happens when a film has an integrated audio stream, but some films and their audio streams are correctly played by bsp.

However this film (I mean the film whose integrated audio streams bsp doesn’t “see”) and any of its integrated audio streams can be easily played in Nero Show time player.

Help me please. What should I do to solve this problem and to enjoy watching such films with BS Player?

ps: I use BsPlayer_pro_ver. 2.26; K-lite mega codec pack 375; Windows XP_SP2+all updates; CPU - P4 3 Ghz; 768 Ram; GeForce 4.
Old 10th February 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewto...?p=39416#39416
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 10th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

My problem is rather different…

The film I have described above has DVD 9 standard. BsPlayer uses the following filters to play this film: CyberLink video/sp decoder (pdvd7); ffdshow audio decoder…

And one very strange and interesting thing I have just discovered. The film consists of 7 video parts (+ some other small files), total size is about 7,53 GB. So, when I separately open a part from 1 to 5, bsp uses above-stated filters. But!!! When I open the other parts (from 5 to 7) bsp uses one more filter (besides those) – Nero splitter… And in this case it’s possible to switch audio stream by using directly this filter (however bsp’s ‘audio stream’ icon remains inactive), but only when Nero splitter is available in bsp’s filter menu… And it’s only available in two parts of seven…
Old 11th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Using BS.Player's internal AVI splitter (checking / uncheking this option) didn't help...
Old 15th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Can anybody advise something useful? Is it possible to cope with this problem?

ps: some film’s properties determined by GSpot: Video – MPEG-2; Audio – AC3 (0xbd[0x80]:48000Hz 448 kb/s tot , 6 chnls (3/2 .1)).
:(
Old 15th February 2008
BS.Player Master

Did you already contact BS.Player team and ask for their help? (As a purchaser of Pro-version, you're entitled to get direct assistance from BS.Player team)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 15th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Did you already contact BS.Player team and ask for their help? (As a purchaser of Pro-version, you're entitled to get direct assistance from BS.Player team)
Not yet…
But I suppose I am also entitled to get assistance from BSPlayer team on Official BSPlayer forum. Moreover It will be much more useful and convenient as I am not the only user who has such problems
Old 15th February 2008
BS.Player Master

Note that, whereas this forum is made available by BS.Player's team and whereas it is also frequently "visited" by BSPlayer's team-member(s) (at least ico-man shows his "face" on a regular basis), in practice this forum (as you may conclude yourselves from reading the threads) is actually a forum for users by users. For BS.Player's free-version users it indeed is a source of support as basically BS.Player's team offers no formal support to free users. However, on the other hand, purchasers of BSPlayer's Pro are indeed officially entitled to obtain direct technical e-mail support from BSPlayer-team itself.
So that's why I would suggest you the 'official' route to get professional support, since as a Pro-purchaser', you're simply entitled to get that support.
You cannot expect official BS.Player-team-members to be very eager to offer professional support to "random forum-users", given the fact that there are quite a few non-paying users using (key)cracked Pro-versions having all kind of problems.
Old 16th February 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
in practice this forum (as you may conclude yourselves from reading the threads) is actually a forum for users by users.
Hem. I see… Especially reading the subhead of this thread. Let me quote it (Bug reports and codecs: Report BS.Player bugs here - help us improve BS.Player even further. Troubleshoot, solve technical problems and find the correct codecs for playback of your multimedia files.)

Quote:
to obtain direct technical e-mail support from BSPlayer-team
Once I have already tried to do it. I wrote to them, but about a little bit another problem. And there was no result and any action from their side…

This time I am going to send them a link to this topic. And I hope we will see some result. At least developers, testers and their managers will be informed…

Quote:
given the fact that there are quite a few non-paying users using (key)cracked Pro-versions having all kind of problems.
My problem absolutely doesn't concern it and has other reasons…
I have sent them this topic’s link…
Now waiting for any results...
Old 18th February 2008
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

I am talking only about DVDs this time.

Your problem lies in MPEG-2 splitter used. It is responsible for enumerating the streams and presenting them to DirectShow applications (Media Player, BSPlayer, MPC). You need a splitter for each container format, such as AVI, Matroska, MP4 or OGG.

Here is the most compatible MPEG-2 program stream splitter I know:
http://j7n.sytes.net/temp/mpeg2dmx.rar

It is not a good idea to watch split VOBs one by one. You may end up with missing streams, streams out of sync with each other, and the transition between VOBs will never be seamless. Normal Video DVDs need software that "emulates" standard DVD player to provide navigation across the video program. MPEG-2 programs on DVDs are split into two or more files often disregarding logical chapters or titles. All parts of a single title (VTS_nn_x.vob) can be joined by appending them in a file manager.

For "proper" DVD playback with navigation on PC you can use either paid version of BSPlayer, Media Player Classic (MPC, free) or – if quality is not important and DirectShow does not work – VideoLAN Client. In all cases installation of a media splitter is not needed. BSPlayer calls some DVD function built into Windows, MPC uses its own, and VideoLAN does not use DirectShow at all.

Tags
audio, playing, streams