Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th March 2008
BS.Player Newbie

lewo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [SOLVED] Sub title problem on bsplayer

Hello everyone..
I use BSplayer 1.39 for 1 year.
last 1 year everything was ok.
I reload my system (winXP) on the pc. then reinstall BSplayer 1.39.
Before formatting HDD BSplayer had opened the subtitle in the same folder with avi automatically . But now if the sub title is not the same name with avi file, sub title doesnt start automatically when i run the avi file.

Is there any options i can fix it?

thank you for help by now.
Old 12th March 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Under options->preferencies->subtitles, you must find the option "automatically load any subtitlt....".
Old 12th March 2008
BS.Player Newbie

lewo is an unknown quantity at this point

oh yes thank you.
I use it in other language so. didnt realise that.

Now its clear. Tahnk you for your helps
Old 5th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Lobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hm

I have quite a same problem, thats why I didn't make a new topic, so here it comes.
I have used BSplayer for a pretty long time and similar problems (actually none of the possible problems) have occured.

Anyways, the thing is that I can't watch my prison break series without manually loading subtitles. Strange thing is that when I watch something else in my computer (Stardust, The Skeleton Key etc...) it automatically loads the subtitles for those films. I checked subtitle options, changed the avi file name exactly to the same with the subtitle name (for example both files have the name Prison Break S03E01) and I'm kinda running out of ideas. I hope it isn't a disruptive factor that I have many PB episodes in the same folder. Oh and if it helps, I have windows XP.

SO PLEEEASE BSplayer community, pimp my mind.
Old 6th June 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

BS.Player version/build-nr.? Any specifics of problematic files as opposed to the files which do not pose a problem?
In this connection I suggest to read (i.a.) item (3) of my Help2Help-post (a.k.a. "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING") especially also its last sentence.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th June 2008
BS.Player Master

Could you copy/paste here the exact names of the episodes/subtitles ?
Old 7th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Sorry about not reading the "read this before posting..."
Won't happen again,
anyways, I have the newest available free BSplayer (had the newest BSplayer PRO thought, my little brother managed to screw something up real bad so I unthinkingly uninstalled it)

Yes both the avi file and subtitle name is Prison Break S03E01.srt when we talk about the first episode, the numbers change thought, accordingly to the episode ( 2 episode-> Prison Break S03E02.srt)
And yes I it may seem a bit funny that my avi fail has the <name> and in the end there is ".srt", but otherwise subtitles wouldn't open automatically (in this case, ofcourse I don't know why it doesn't open automatically)
Old 7th June 2008
BS.Player Master

Try to disable in subtitles preferencies "automatically load any subtitle" as BSPlayer won't know wich one to load.
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Humh, did that and didn't work :?
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobby
both the avi file and subtitle name is Prison Break S03E01.srt when we talk about the first episode, the numbers change thought, accordingly to the episode ( 2 episode-> Prison Break S03E02.srt)
And yes I it may seem a bit funny that my avi fail has the <name> and in the end there is ".srt", but otherwise subtitles wouldn't open automatically
Still unclear what type of video we're talking about. May I suggest to rename the video files so that they properly end with .avi instead of .srt. Further I again refer to the last sentence of item (3) of my Help2Help-post. What filters/codecs are used by BS.Player when playing the video?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:
both the avi file and subtitle name is Prison Break S03E01.srt when we talk about the first episode, the numbers change thought, accordingly to the episode ( 2 episode-> Prison Break S03E02.srt)
And yes I it may seem a bit funny that my avi fail has the <name> and in the end there is ".srt", but otherwise subtitles wouldn't open automatically
Still unclear what type of video we're talking about. May I suggest to rename the video files so that they properly end with .avi instead of .srt. Further I again refer to the last sentence of item (3) of my Help2Help-post. What filters/codecs are used by BS.Player when playing the video?

As to the codecs, I'm a total newbie on this area, still I downloaded GSpot and as much as I can eliminate from there:
Codec, video: XVID (??) Name: XVID
Codec, audio: 0x0055(MP3, ISO) MPEG-1 Layer 3; I hope this helps

And now I try to explain why I use .srt in the end of my movie file.
I learned that if I want to watch a movie from my DVD disc, both, the subtitle AND the movie file have to have the same name, if I want the subtitles to load automatically. If I put .avi in the end of my movie file, then I have to do the same thing with my subtitle file, but if my subtitle file has .avi in the end then BSplayer (or any other one) won't witness it (the subtitle file) as a subtitle file, because a subtitle file (as you all know, I'm sure) presumes an end like .srt or .sub or whatever like this. And then I can't watch movies with subtitles from my discs (which ofcourse isn't a catastrophe, just a question of comfort) So if there's another, and maybe an easier way to automatically load subtitles, let me know....
I hope you guys understand my -not-so-good- english
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Master

OK, if you use XP, then open an instance of Windows Explorer. Go to tools -> folder options and at the view tab disable "Hide extension for known file types." In this moment, you will see the real extension of the files.
SO:
The video file should be named:
Prison Break S03E04 HDTV XViD-Caph.avi
the subtitle file should be:
Prison Break S03E04 HDTV XViD-Caph.srt

On the DivX player, it's better to write each episode in it's own folder, some of them can't read too much dots. My advice:

E1 -> S03E01.avi
->S03E01.srt

E2 -> S03E02.avi
->S03E02.srt
where E1...E2....are the folders on the dvd disk.
Old 8th June 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
And now I try to explain why I use .srt in the end of my movie file.
I learned that if I want to watch a movie from my DVD disc, both, the subtitle AND the movie file have to have the same name, if I want the subtitles to load automatically.
Just to take away any doubt or misunderstanding: yes the moviefile and the subfile should have the same name EXCEPT for the extension! So the intention is:
moviefilename.avi and
moviefilename.srt

( http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18607#18607 )
Old 10th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Thankyou all guys, got it working now !

/cheeeeeeers

Tags
title