Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Marco27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [SOLVED] Registration problem will NOT go away.

Ok...after my second email in three days and still no reply. Great customer support. I am still getting the blasted registration screen every time I try to watch a file with BSplayer on Vista premium 64bit . I have totaly exhausted the possibilities. I have tried every trick in the book. Reinstall with default settings, run as administrator, made sure that files were not "read only", even enabled the hidden administrator account. Scoured the net for every solution under the sun and I STILL GET THE @#!!@#$ registration screen. I want to rip this program apart limb from limb. Could someone please give me a solution.
By the way, I'm running BSPlayer Lite 2.31 with a legit key. Is this what you get for acctualy buying software...
Patiently waiting for your answer,
Marc
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

First step to do is to disable UAC (user account control) wich does not let programs to save data on some locations.
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Thanks for repliying adicoto...Just tried your suggestion and disabled UAC again...Same problem...again. There has got to be some way to get this program to register properly and to remember it did. It's driving me crazy...
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Master

I am sure someone from the staff will then answer your question in a short time.
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Ok. So they finally reply to me...by sending new registration info. So I disable UAC, redownload BS Player, run as administrator, Install everything with default settings, enter new registration code hit enter. And then click on a video file and...the registration box pops up AGAIN. AaaaaRGHHH. Why?
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Master

When installing BSPlayer, you are asked at some step where you want to save the configuration files. Try to change the options in there, see if something goes OK.
On the other hand.....try a restart after you input licence data into BSPlayer and before opening it again.
Old 18th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Just attempted both your suggestions adicoto. Unfortunatly neither one made the registration form go away. Thanks for at least trying to troubleshoot this with me. Unless someone comes up with something quick i'm about to give up on. Too bad, i used to like this program...
BTW, if this helps at all, i can open the program normally...the registration screen only comes up when i load a video file into the program.
Old 19th September 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Try to delete all BSplayer information from your system before you reinstall it, I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but try..

Open BSplayer and remove the extension association from all files (CTRL+P -> File types -> uncheck all extensions checkboxes)
Uninstall BSplayer
Delete BSplayerPro folder from C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayerPro\
from C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer\
Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Webteh registry key
and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BST registry key

Now with UAC disabled use the Run as administrator trick, install BSplayer preferences in UserFolder and cross you fingers...
If this doesn't work try to download another BSplayer version (there should be a listbox with many previous BSplayer versioins in your license page on BSplayer site)... I hope at least one of them will work.
It could be a registration bug with Vista 64bit, but I can't check this, maybe only BSP devs can (or adicoto if he has access to one of those systems)
Old 19th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Really thought this would work. Followed your steps one by one Tizio and...no go. Still get the registration request every time i open a video file. As for older version. There is only the option for BSPlayer Pro lite 2.31 974 on download page. Anyone else wanna have a go at this?
Old 20th September 2008
BS.Player Master

Probably you can't download previous versions because you registered BSplayer only once v2.31 was already released.. I hope someone will be able to provide you a solution.
In the mean time I'll send a PM to a BSplayer team member so your topic will have more priority (I hope)

If someone with Vista 64bit has been able to successfully register BSplayer Pro (or Pro Lite) please leave here a reply and maybe a suggestion on how to perform this task
Old 22nd September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

I decided to go with the free version of BSPlayer. Everything works fine. Guess the best things in life ARE free. Too bad I had to pay in order to find this out.
You would think that registering a product would be the last thing someone would have to worry about in an app. Silly coders...
Old 25th September 2008
BS.Player Newbie

The BSPlayer team just sent me a third registration code and this one finally worked. I wonder what was wrong with the other ones and why they were sent if they don't work?
Old 26th September 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Anyhow, good that your problem was solved eventually!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th September 2008
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco27
The BSPlayer team just sent me a third registration code and this one finally worked. I wonder what was wrong with the other ones and why they were sent if they don't work?
At least the PM has been useful :D

Tags
registration