Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Special-K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Display title of item in playlist as each movie starts

I use the playlist in BS Player to cue up several TV programmes that I have stored on my computer to watch one after the other. The credits don't appear in these TV programmes so it's diffcult to know which programme I'm watching, ie when one ends and the next programme begins. Is there a way to temporarily display on screen the name of each programme/file being played as it starts so I know which programme I'm watching?

I know I can press "I" and set the movie name to display but that's not temporary. I'm asking if BS Player can display the name of each movie played in the playlist for a short while as each item in the playlist begins.
e.g.
PLAYLIST:

MOVIE 1
MOVIE 2
MOVIE 3

Movie 1 begins. On screen a title like "Movie 1" appears for a few seconds then disappears.
Movie 1 ends. Movie 2 begins. On screen a title like "Movie 2" appears for a few seconds then disappears., etc
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I think this post should be in Feature requests (I can move it if you want).
However, maybe using "Enable taskbar status area notifications" also is an option for your purposes.
You can set it under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General [General settings]
(Third option from bottom)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Just tested, but this (taskbar)option doesn't do the trick when in full screen mode. Also OSD then just shows "Play". Therefore I moved this thread to feature requests-forum.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

I'll rather put this into bug reports, as OSD have the option to show movie name, among other, but seems not to work, just showing PLAY, no matter what you select from OSD options to be displayed.
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Master

In as far as I know BS.Player has never ever shown anything else than "Play" (or "Pause") at start (or pause) of a movie (except for the non-commercial-notice for free version of course).
Also the selected OSD-option(s) do(es) show when depressing "I", so I would indeed consider this a feature request rather than a bug report.
I think you're mixing up two different features here, but of course:
feel free to post it as a bug or move this thread to the bugs-reports forum!
Old 14th November 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Yes, indeed, those functions are just for show/hide info from OSD. My bad.

Tags
display, item, movie, playlist, title