Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

arnova is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Function (key) to reset(reinitialize) overlay

It would still be really nice if the developers could implement a function (through a key shortcut) that "just" resets (reinitializes) the overlay (like what happens when one uses "stop" and then "start", except then the movie position is forgotten (obviously). I often experience problems with a corrupt or black overlay and I think this function would fix about 99% of my grief.

Thanks for listening, guys!
Old 26th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately (or fortunate for me) I've never encountered any such problems, so I cannot reproduce.
However, I wonder what happens if you select "Remember last movie position" and also "Autoplay" (rightclick > Options > Preferences > General) and then - if your problem re-occurs again - you do NOT press [STOP] but just e[X]it BSPlayer "cold method" or press [Pause] and then [Exit].
If you restart BSPlayer after that, the movie should automatically resume playing exactly from the point where you left it (provided - of course - the moviefile is still in the same place where it was when you left playing it). This would seem a more acceptable "work-around" to me.

(It also works and is in fact intended for "normal" situations of course, where you just wish to quit watching a movie and resume later; e.g. maybe the next day.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 27th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Yes, this is my current method. But as you probably understand, my suggested method is more convenient...
Old 27th June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Do you have any idea what could cause your "corrupt or black overlay".
Are there any programs running in the background?
What kind of graphics card do you have?
What are your actual settings under Options > Preferences > Video > Video rendering?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th June 2004
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Do you have any idea what could cause your "corrupt or black overlay".
Are there any programs running in the background?
What kind of graphics card do you have?
What are your actual settings under Options > Preferences > Video > Video rendering?
It's mainly caused when I switch my ATI video card from VGA-primary to TV-primary, but not always. I own an ATI Radeon 8500 (retail). Furthermore I don't have any special programs running in the background. I know for a fact that it's related to BSplayer & the ATI card/software exclusivly. I run ATI drivers 4.6 + Control Panel 2.6 , I already tried using newer/older versions of this software but older drivers don't fix the problem and newer Control Panel's make the problem worse. The render-options I only selected "Overlay mode 1", everything else is disabled. I already tried enabling/disabling all options there but that didn't fix my problem....

Btw. I also tried using the VMR9 option but the picture quality degraded using it compared to overlay mode and the OSD font got all jerky and much too big....

Tags
key, overlay, resetreinitialize