Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

chico-t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extend Overlay surface to 16:9 (for subtitles)

I think this feature would be very useful for people who watch movies on TV. For watching subs on TV, i have to use overlay in subtitles. But the subs are drawn ON the movie, and i think the best would be that they would be drawn BELOW de movie (in the "dark lines"), so I can watch the full image of the movie and see the subs more clearly.

PD: Sorry for my English... :wink:
Old 5th July 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Perhaps try another overlay mode (e.g. Mode 2).
(rightclick) > Options > Preferences > Video > Video rendering
[Move subtitles up/down with Shift+Arrow-key]
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

It doesn't work :(

On the monitor it works fine, but I've tried all kinds of overlay modes available and I can't watch subs on TV (in the dark lines)... With overlay mode 2, as you told me, I can watch subs on the monitor, but not on TV (nor in the movie surface... :shock: )

I remember that direct vobsub did something like extend the overlay surface. Would it be possible to be on a new release of bsplayer??

My graphics card is MSI GF4 Ti4200, and I'm running Windows XP Pro
Old 6th July 2004
BS.Player Master

You did indeed also select "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" I assume?
(rightclick > Options > Preferences > Subtitles)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 6th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I have the option "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface" checked en the menu you tell me...
Perhaps I don't explain correctly... I'll try again
I watch the subs with the option "Draw subtitles to Overlay surface", but with overlay mode 2 I watch them only on the monitor, not on TV. With
the overlay mode 1 I can watch subs on the monitor AND the TV, but i see them on the image surface. I'd like to watch them below the movie (on the dark surface), so that the subs can be readed easily and the movie haven't any text on it.

With mode 1 I can't move subs outside the movie surface, but with mode 2 I can do it.
Old 6th July 2004
BS.Player Master

Just to make sure: you're using Version 1.00 RC1 Build 809 released 16 Jun 2004?
Old 7th July 2004
BS.Player Newbie

I think yes... :shock:

I don't know what happens.... :shock:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bplay-about.jpg (35.0 KB, 1568 views)

Tags
169, extend, overlay, subtitles, surface