Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

Drácula de 1931 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aspect ratio, move and/or resize frame

:o
Edit (by BSPeter):
"Drácula de 1931" has regretfully found it necessary (why ???) to edit his/her posts in deleting the original contents, this to the detriment of other users which may be looking for solutions as these deletions - of course - cause that the full conversation and actual issues raised are lost, thereby make this thread more difficult to follow by users.
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

As for the aspect ratio, the easyest way to deal is with shift+1, +2 and +3 (original, 16:9 and 4:3).
As for resizing, I think I didn't understand exactly what you are trying to say.
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

8)
Edit (by BSPeter):
"Drácula de 1931" has regretfully found it necessary (why ???) to edit his/her posts in deleting the original contents, this to the detriment of other users which may be looking for solutions as these deletions - of course - cause that the full conversation and actual issues raised are lost, thereby make this thread more difficult to follow by users.
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Yes, now I see. It is possible to be a bug. Can't test right now, 'cause I am on a laptop without numpad. On the evening I will go back to my PC and see.
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

:D
Edit (by BSPeter):
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Screen options in BSPlayer's full screen mode are:
  1. You can "free resize" the videoscreen using the following key-combinations of [Ctrl]-key together with a numeric key of the numeric key-pad:
    [Ctrl]/[2] : Free resize down
    [Ctrl]/[8] : Free resize up
    [Ctrl]/[4] : Free resize left
    [Ctrl]/[6] : Free resize right
  2. You can move the videoscreen using the same numeric keys, but without [Ctrl]
  3. Then there is the feature to pan-in/out (Default keys: [+]/[-] on numeric key-board).
  4. (Key [5] of numeric keypad can be used to "reset".)
(Note the mentioned keys are only valid unless you've redefined the default key definitions for this under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Key definitions & WinLIRC. There you can define your own keydefinitions seperately for Windowed mode and for Full screen mode.
)

I think you're correct that BSPlayer does not provide in (direct) reverse options for the "free resize" options as mentioned here-above. All options really concern only "enlarge" (in the direction of the "keypad-arrow-keys", similar to the move-option with the same keys, but without [Ctrl]). A reverse option to "free shrink down/up/left/right" (e.g. allocated to [Alt]+num.keypad [2]/[8]/[6]/[4]) would indeed enhance flexibility.

Or alternatively simply "free adjust screen width up/down" and "free adjust screen height up/down" (in stead of the (up/down-ward or sideward) resize options now available) which in combination with the move options would be an ideal feature.
With respect to the zoom-option (the last two pictures in your post):
did you try the pan-in/out (Num-pad [+]/[-])?

(Of course in window-mode BSPlayer already has such flexibility: provided you have unchecked "Keep aspect ratio" under (rightclick >) "Video", you can change the video-window to any ratio you want.)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

By the way ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
As for the aspect ratio, the easiest way to deal is with shift+1, +2 and +3 (original, 16:9 and 4:3).
....the use of which possibility (or repeatedly press [A] (=default key) to "cycle" through the aspect ratios) solves for most pictures a wrong aspect ratio upon display.

P.S.:
The last picture as shown between "BSPLAYER can't do this:" and "MPC can. That's the problem" doesn't seem to me to have a correct ratio either (so MPC seemingly cannot do it properly either?).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

8)
Edit (by BSPeter):
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

:arrow:
Edit (by BSPeter):
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
....the use of which possibility (or repeatedly press [A] (=default key) to "cycle" through the aspect ratios) solves for most pictures a wrong aspect ratio upon display.
I just said what I said, i.e. that - for most movies - it is a solution. Another solution could also be to define your own custom aspect-ratio: (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video (General-tab):
In the lower/middle part of the window you can add your own "Custom aspect ratios". Did you know that?
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

:twisted:
Edit (by BSPeter):
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drácula de 1931
Quote:
I just said what I said, i.e. that - for most movies - it is a solution. Another solution could also be to define your own custom aspect-ratio: (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video (General-tab):
What specific option? I see here, 4x3, 16x9, Original AR and anamorphic (the 4th automatic option I forgot to mention).

Quote:
In the lower/middle part of the window you can add your own "Custom aspect ratios". Did you know that?
Where? And how this works?
But have you opened the preferences window or are you just seeing the "right-click -> Video -> Aspect ratio" options?? :?
If you follow BSPeter's instructions you'll see the Preferences window (in the upper part you'll have a list of options and at the bottom the custom aspect ratios..)

Try this, press CTRL+P (it will open the preferences window) and then select the "Video" tab (from the left list). At the bottom of Video (-> General) settings you'll see a box with a label "Custom aspect ratios". In the text field you can add the aspect ratio you want, and once you'll press the "Add" buton that custom aspect ratio is there to be used (you can use the "A" shorcut for this)
Old 29th October 2006
BS.player Regular User

:P
Edit (by BSPeter):
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drácula de 1931
Sorry, I see now what you mean. That really works! :shock:

Well, the last problem is related when you're trying to move the video window... the speed... :D
;)

About the speed... I think the only thing to do is to add it to the feature requests, but I think BSP developpers have other priorities for the Feature set.. :roll:

EDIT:
Anyway it's not so slow... It took me less than 30 seconds to move the entire image from the left side to the right side (completely out of the screen borders) :)
Old 29th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Or alternatively simply "free adjust screen width up/down" and "free adjust screen height up/down" (in stead of the (up/down-ward or sideward) resize options now available) which in combination with the move options would be an ideal feature.
I personally do indeed feel that increase/decrease width/height would be better options, than those presently available, certainly in combination with the existing move-options (which should remain as they are).
Code:
So I surely wouldn't mind if :
[Ctrl]/[2] ("Free resize down")  would become "decrease height"
[Ctrl]/[8] ("Free resize up")    would become "increase height"
[Ctrl]/[4] ("Free resize left")  would become "decrease width"
[Ctrl]/[6] ("Free resize right") would become "increase width"
I seriously suggest this change to BS.Player's team!
Old 26th May 2012
BS.Player Master

bump

Tags
and or or, aspect, move, ratio, resize