Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

luciferc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selecting DVD menu item with winlirc

Is it possible to define winlirc command to enter a DVD menu item (e.g. a chapter in chapter list)? With mouse it is working with a click, with keyboard it is working with enter key, but I cannot find a command to define a winlirc key for it. Any solution?
Old 31st December 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

(rightclick) > Options > Preferences > Key definitions & WinLIRC
(south east quarter)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

I know this settings page, I have already configured winlirc with BSPlayer. The question is which command corresponds to entering a DVD menu item?
Old 1st January 2008
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Possibly I don't quite understand you.
I would select in players functions list (in the middle 'column') e.g. "Go to DVD Chapters menu", then place my cursor in the box at the right "Or press button on remote" and then press button on remote.

If the command isn't in the functions list, I don't think you can simply "create" it (but I'm certainly no expert on WinLIRC). Maybe another user can help you.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 1st January 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

No, you can't.. but you can assign command to some buttons on your remote to move the mouse and follow BSPeter suggestions to show up the chapters menu etc.
Old 1st January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Possibly I don't quite understand you.
I would select in players functions list (in the middle 'column') e.g. "Go to DVD Chapters menu", then place my cursor in the box at the right "Or press button on remote" and then press button on remote.
This is clear, as it always was. Let me explain it. You assign a command to e.g. "DVD Chapters menu" just as you have written above. Ok, it is working, when you press the selected remote key, the DVD jumps to the chapter menu. If you have defined keys for next and prev, you can even navigate between chapters (I mean you can highlight different chapters). But! You cannot select it! There is no command you can use for selection. With the keyboard pressing "enter" activates the selected item, but you cannot do this with your remote using only BSPlayer (i.e no external programs except winlirc).

So it is not an issue with winlirc, but with BSPlayer. It is somehow an unfinished concept of DVD navigation. You can jump to menus but you cannot use them. Maybe it is some kind of a (design) bug.

Tizio: It is a solution, but for this I need an additional program for mouse movement. This was what I intended to avoid.
Old 2nd January 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Oh, ok.. I always used Girder v3 to do these things, really simple to use and really versatile..

If you don't want to use other programs then only BSplayer authors can help you. There are some actions that need to be added to the actions list (Open device etc.)
You can only notify these problems/requests and wait until they will be implemented ;)

EDIT:
Topic moved to Features requests ;)

Tags
dvd, item, menu, selecting, winlirc