Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

okeee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default disable osd

Which is the last (or most stable) version of bsplayer in which it was still possible to disable all osd messages, including the 'commercial' notice at start up?
Old 6th April 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I don't know as (as a Pro-user) I usually don't download Free version so I don't have them on my HD.
However, if you're using VMR (or EVR?) video rendering mode, you could try setting Alpha blending value to zero.
This is under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [OSD].
Or alternatively this old post of August 2003 may perhaps help you a wee bit.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 16th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

I just read this at the special features section of bsplayer:
Quote:
No text "only for non-commercial use" shown at video start
for both BS.Player PRO BS.Player FREE.
So is this a new version in which OSD can be properly disabled or is it still the same version and it's a bug?
Old 19th April 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't keep up hope on this matter! I'm afraid this is nothing more than an error on BS.Player's website. Of course, as there also is a paid Pro-version of BS.Player, BS.Player's developpers (please do take due note that I'm personally just a user like you!) have obvious reasons for a short 10s start-up message in Free version. (Apparently there are quite a few professional users who use Free BS.Player for obvious commercial purposes! Of course those users should use the to-be-paid-for Pro-version.) Most free users only consider it to be a very small nuisance, compared with all what they get (for free) in Free-version. So, no: I wouldn't expect it to be a bug, that's also why I have never indicated or even given the impression that the appearing of this message could be a bug!
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 21st April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Ok I see. I consider it a big nuisance (biggest), so I'll check for some older versions or maybe another player. Just showing the message once after install would be ok but not whenever videos are opened.

Tags
disable, osd