Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2010
BS.Player Newbie

Sepulturalex is on a distinguished road
Default Color controls dont work

Color controls dont work until I start Catalyst Control Center (for my ATI4800 series videocard). Why? How can I fix it?

BSPlayer's 2.43 build-number 1008
AMD 3800 dual core, ATI4800 series videocard
I have such a problem with any codec

Last edited by Sepulturalex; 3rd March 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 18th May 2010
BS.player Regular User

SergeNL is on a distinguished road
Default Problem almost completely solved.

Thank you, Sepulturalex! The trick Works! (almost)
Some additional information for others:

BSplayer Color Controls did not work at all with my video card ATI Radeon HD 4200, onboard video card on my ASUS motherboard M4A785TD-V. AMD Phenom II X4 925, quad core.
K-Lite Codec Pack and FFDshow (2004) installed.

What did NOT help? Reinstalling BSplayer. Upgrade to FFDshow version march 2010. Update ATI video drivers. (always rebooting the PC)

The complete installation was a clone of the installation on my previous PC (Nvidia video card), and there the Color Controls had always worked. (So they do work with FFDshow.)
The Color Controls never worked on my new PC, and it took me 2 hours, to find this post.

What does work?
Double click the red ATI Icon in the Systray (in the right below corner of your screen) That will start Catalyst Control Center (CCC).
Close Catalyst Control Center again. That’s all! (you don’t have to change anything)

After this, the BSplayer Color Controls keep working all day, whatever I do. You can open and close BSplayer. You can even close Catalyst Control Center completely. Etc.
But after restarting the PC, I have to open and close CCC again, Once..

I prevented the ATI Icon from starting with Windows, using TuneUp Utilities’ Startup Manager. But it didn’t help. I had to start Catalyst Control Center from the Startmenu and close it again, to get the Color Controls working.

I can’t experiment with Catalyst Control Center, because every time you start it, the Color Controls keep working. I do not wish to restart my PC at every time I change a setting, to find out if some different setting solves the problem completely?
But the current solution is do-able. Starting and closing CCC once a day is not a big deal.

BSplayer-Team: Complain at ATI! Ask for better drivers!
This is highly damaging to BS-player! The Color Controls are one of the best features. People may choose another player, if they don’t work! (VLC-player did not have the problem..) All my video’s are too black without them, so I would easily switch players.
And many thousands of satified BSplayer users may be in trouble now. ATI is a huge manufacturer. And the solution is hard to find.

Who is to blame? If the OS + All software supports Color Control, and the videocard does too, then the video-drivers are to blame.

Wishing the BSplayer-team a lot of fun, success, and sales..
Old 19th May 2010
BS.Player Newbie

cressy is on a distinguished road

I've had a few nvidia cards and i never had issues with them but a few months ago i had a card die. So i went looking for another AGP type card but could not find another Nvidia card. Was told that they can't get them anymore so was forced into buying an ati HD2400. Let me say i have not been happy with this card from the begining. I have the same problem of having to open and close the catalyst control center to get it to remember the settings that it is supposed use. Don't have to change anything just open and close. But i have this problem in half the programs i use not just BSplayer. Sometimes the control center even crashes and restarts itself when you try to open it. ATI is selling big steaming piles of dodo not worthy of anybody's money.
Old 11th January 2018
BS.Player Newbie

Nemesys is on a distinguished road

Greetings.! I am new to this site. I have just created this account to ask you if there is a way to change the color settings of bs player so that everything turns to green. Can i do that and if yes, how? Thank you for your time.

Tags
color, controls, work