Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th February 2004
BS.player Regular User

Mark Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Win Amp DSP Plug in. Still Having Loading Problems!

Hey Guys! I have used the "Search Funtion" the last couple of days and I can't seem to find the info I am needing. I have loaded "Enhancer" in the previous version of BS Player with no problem, but I am having no luck in getting it loaded on the recent version. I keep thinking that I am installing it in the wrong "plug in" folder or something. Are there some versions of BS Player that WinAmp Plug ins will not load? Could someone give me a "quick' pointer in installing and loading WinAmp DSP Plug ins or post a link to a previous post that has this info. I really miss my "Enhancer" on my BS Player! Thanks!
Old 25th February 2004
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I use the Enhancer plugin as well with no problem as far as I can tell...
IIRC I installed it with build 800 then I updraged BSPlayer to build 805 directly (by replacing the exe). Anyway whatever your installation method should have no influence.

In preferences, audio, winamp2 DSP plugins, I have only 'enable winamp DSP plugin' checked; the plugin directory field is empty => I'm using the default, which is [bsplayer_install_dir]\plugins\Winamp\

in this directory I have copied the dsp_enh.dll file + a '\Enhancer\017\' subdir in which are found the skins and settings files for Enhancer (I have Enhancer v 0.17, dunno if there are any others)...

Back to BSPlayer's preferences, audio, winamp2 DSP plugins, I can select this particular plugin...
when playing a movie, I can check it is loaded and I can configure it: right-click->audio->DSP Plugin

Anything different for you ?
Old 26th February 2004
BS.player Regular User

Mark Blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You Quietseb! I followed your directions on the installation and I am back in business with my Enhancer! I wasn't getting it in the right folders, but now I am back on course! Thanks again, I do appreciate your help and info!
Old 26th February 2004
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

just as an afterthought for possible other readers:
bsplayer must be restarted when checking/unchecking 'enable winamp DSP plugin' for the change to be effective
When only switching DSP plugin, just clicking 'load' is ok

Tags
amp, dsp, loading, plug, win