Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th April 2004
BS.Guest

Default A question before I update codec packs (K-lite pack & MP

Right now I'm using the newest Ace Mega Codec Pack. It's great and everything, but they rarely updated it as a whole. But the K-Lite codec pack is updated normally and works just as well. Except for ONE thing. I could never play MPEG-2 files with anything. I could download the seperate MPEG-2 decoder codec, but it's really annoying, and sometimes the codecs conflict when using K-lite pack.

So my question is, Does the newest version of K-lite codec pack play MPEG-2 (SVCD) with BSPlayer? I don't want to uninstall the Ace Mega pack if it doesn't, because I have all my setting set perfect for all of my codecs. If it does, I will go thru the trouble of switching packs.

Hope someone can help. :)
Old 17th April 2004
BS.Player Newbie

aa is an unknown quantity at this point

(I made the post above) Just incase anyone wanted to know, I just installed the pack and MPEG-2 works fine. They added extra combinations of MPEG-2 demuxers & decoders (I picked Elecard/Ligos). The pack before this one wouldn't let me choose, and I had to manually install Elecard on the side. Glad they got there stuff straight.

Much love for BSPlayer. Best player on the net.

Tags
codec, klite, packs, question, update