Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2004
Jeremiah
BS.Guest

Default no audio playback

On several files, some of which I encoded myself so I am dead sure I have the proper codec, BS player will fail to play the audio at all or will repeat the first tenth of a second of audio on an interval. I have several different versions of BS player including the latest and greatest. The files play fine in DivX player but, as I prefer BS Player, would like to know what is causing the difference. The same files run fine on my friend's computer who has an almost identical setup with the same sound card, Game Theater XP. According the GSpot I have 3 compatible codecs installed so any ideas as to why it's not working? Sorry if this has been broached before. Much appreciated.
Old 3rd June 2004
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Try setting of "Output device" (and AC3 decoding") to "System default".
(rightclick > Options > Preferences > Audio)
(Maybe you have to close BSPlayer after that and then restart it)
Check settings under: rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 4th June 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Jeremiah is an unknown quantity at this point

I appreciate the feedback but that was one of the first things I checked. I've tried almost every item on the list with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Tags
audio, playback