Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road
Default Who is online section / viewonline-page

This thread is the continuation of "off topic"-remarks, which - in fact - started here (click to see)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Only mods can see who is accesing the forum, their IP and so :D
I meant that if you have the main forum page opened and sometimes you refresh it, you'll see the currently connected users, and Mat2000 appears there from time to time
If you recall, in a private message I've told you that I am moderator on other forums, using same code. I know were to look (for example, BSPeter is allways hidden). But I don't think normal users look for who is online, and if you want to search how often somebody accesed the forum, you must be at least moderator.
I don't want to comment your previous post.

You get me involved in something you don't understand, and please don't put words in my mouth (or write something I did not said or write). You are a little out of line in here.
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Mhmm..probably you are right, so please forgive me..

Regarding the forum accesses, it's not needed to be a moderator or see the "Who is online" page to see who is online, at the bottom of the first page there is a list with names and numbers of connected users.

Sorry again to have involved you on this, I'll modify my message..
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
... it's not needed to be a moderator or see the "Who is online" page to see who is online, at the bottom of the first page there is a list with names and numbers of connected users. ...
I don't know of any "Who is Online"-page. :?
I think by "At the bottom of the first page" you most probably mean at the bottom of the index-page in the "Who is Online"-section I assume, like mentioned and shown in my previous post in this thread?

Edit: "my previous post in this thread before it was split in two parts"
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Hey, can a moderator move this part of the topic to the off-topic topic ? :)

@Tizio

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Only mods can see who is accesing the forum, their IP and so :D
I meant that if you have the main forum page opened and sometimes you refresh it, you'll see the currently connected users, and Mat2000 appears there from time to time
If you recall, in a private message I've told you that I am moderator on other forums, using same code. I know were to look (for example, BSPeter is allways hidden). But I don't think normal users look for who is online, and if you want to search how often somebody accesed the forum, you must be at least moderator.
I don't want to comment your previous post.

You get me involved in something you don't understand, and please don't put words in my mouth (or write something I did not said or write). You are a little out of line in here.
Sorry, now I see that the post I am refering too, is made by BSPeter. He didn't know about our discussion. I assume he wanted to help.

@BSPeter
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

OK, I now understand Tizio meant th?t "viewonline"-page, when referring to the "Who is online-page". (I was referring to the "Who is Online-section" at the bottom of the index-page and I still think that is what he meant when referring to "at the bottom of the first page").

(I don't think the average user will bother to look at the "viewonline"-page, but when enterring the forum I think they will always notice (though maybe not really read) the "Who is Online"-section of the index-page).
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 19th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Hey, can a moderator move this part of the topic to the off-topic topic ? :)
Done! (well not really, but I split up the thread anyhow).
Old 20th May 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
I was referring to the "Who is Online-section" at the bottom of the index-page and I still think that is what he meant when referring to "at the bottom of the first page"
Correct :)
You got me Peter ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
(I don't think the average user will bother to look at the "viewonline"-page, but when enterring the forum I think they will always notice (though maybe not really read) the "Who is Online"-section of the index-page).
And that was what I wanted to speak of, sorry if I exposed my thoughts in a bad way :P

Tags
online, section, viewonlinepage