Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

zer0nix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I enable a 150% zoom in BSPlayer Pro 1.36, build 825

^topic

when i first got this program, i remember that i set it to display by default at a 150% zoom. unfortunately, recently i changed the zoom to 200% in order to simulate viewing a movie at full screen while typing and now i can't remember how to change it back to a default zoom of 150%. please help :oops:
Old 4th August 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

You can try to set the Zoom to 100% (press the non-numeric-pad keyboard button 2), then press the numeric-pad keyboard button 5 (to reset the Pan&Scan settings) and finally set the Pan&Scan to 50% (SHIFT+O then move the slide until you reach 50% of its run)

There are no settings to set Zoom to 150% (at least there aren't if you want Zoom at 150% in Normal, not fullscreen, mode)

Finally you have to select the option Remember Pan-Scan settings in BSplayer Preferences (CTRL+P -> Video)
Old 4th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

zer0nix is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your response!

alright, this is weird. Tizio, following your instructions, the content seems to have zoomed to 150% but the actual window stays the same size. resizing the window by dragging the corner doesn't work because the contents expand with it; the video is centered and zoomed in so quite a bit of what should be on screen is trunicated. what i want is for both the window and it's contents to automatically be sized at 150%. for a long, long, LONG time my bsplayer was set up that way so i'm kinda surprised that i'm having so much difficulty getting it back to where i like it. i am also absolutely certain that it was set to open all videos at 150%.

i favor this particular zoom because on 1024x768 screen resolution, a lot of smaller videos look like crap zoomed to 200% but look alright at 150%; smaller details become discernable but one doesn't see the fuzz created by sloppy encoding.

EDIT: ok, by manually resizing the window and setting bsplayer to 'remember window size,' i'm getting quite a few of my videos to look like they once played. i'm not sure if this is what it was set to before but it does kinda look like it.
Old 4th August 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0nix
EDIT: ok, by manually resizing the window and setting bsplayer to 'remember window size,' i'm getting quite a few of my videos to look like they once played. i'm not sure if this is what it was set to before but it does kinda look like it.
I would had suggested you the same thing in reply to yopur post, but you found the solution by yourself.
I'm glad to know you solved your problem :) , I think there are no other ways to do what you want :?
Old 5th August 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0nix
ok, by manually resizing the window and setting bsplayer to 'remember window size,' i'm getting quite a few of my videos to look like they once played
You can use Size-o-Matic to set the window size to exact dimensions. The borders in default Windows interface were 3 px wide I think. Add a few custom sizes that correspond to 150% zoom and then drag over the video display.
Attached Files
File Type: exe size_o_matic_112.exe (229.0 KB, 122 views)

Tags
150%, enable, zoom