Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Video wants to catch the sound to keep in sycnro

Specs: P4 2400 MHZ, 768 MB DDR, C-Media CMI8738 on-board chip, Geforce4 MX440 with forceware 84.21. All settings are normal and default, no heavy start-up apps.

Sometimes, if i run a MPEG2 movie, at the beginning of file, the video runs slower, but the sound goes smoothly,normal. After being out of sync because of the video is slower than sound, the video plays to much fast and tries to catch sound to keep video in syncro. I have no frame drop.

I use "internal renderer overlay". (Mainconcept 1.0.0.78 decoder with BSPlayer 1.41)

Why? My computer and its resources is too strong to play, even i was playing without problems before.)

Any help will be appricated.

Thanks...
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Have you also tried to use Elecard decoder? My specs are even lower (Athlon 900, 256MB SDRAM, Geforce4 MX440) and I don't have similar problems with BS.Player
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Have you also tried to use Elecard decoder? My specs are even lower (Athlon 900, 256MB SDRAM, Geforce4 MX440) and I don't have similar problems with BS.Player
No, i haven't. But could it be because of a codec? Could you give a link for a free version which you are using wih no problem :) ?

As i mentioun it becomes "Sometimes". Also my on-board sound chip is C-MEDIA, in which level its hardware acceleration should stay? Default or max?
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

There is no such thing as free Elecard decoder.
CMI 8738 doesn't have problems with hardware acceleration. Can stay at maximum with no problem.
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems you have a bad media splitter. I can upload my package of Elecard filters (2 libraries actually) if you're interested.
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Master

He also got from me my package 3 days ago.
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

Digiface is an unknown quantity at this point

This is also one MPEG2 decoder to try http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...der_Filter.htm
Old 12th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

adicoto ;)
Old 13th November 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
In addition, GPL MPEG-1/2 Decoder can be used as DVD decoder for unencrypted discs.
:? I fear it can't be used for normal (encrypted) DVDs :(
Old 14th November 2006
BS.Player Master

Just mounted one of my older HDD after some repairs (a contact) with 512 kB buffer, IIRC it's PIO4. Same file played from a 8 MB ATA 100 HDD works OK, but from this HDD, same effect, video hurry back to catch up with the sound. It's sure the transfer speed it's low. Maybe this could be an explanation. What HDD do you have and do you have ATA drivers installed correctly ? It's just an ideea.
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Just mounted one of my older HDD after some repairs (a contact) with 512 kB buffer, IIRC it's PIO4. Same file played from a 8 MB ATA 100 HDD works OK, but from this HDD, same effect, video hurry back to catch up with the sound. It's sure the transfer speed it's low. Maybe this could be an explanation. What HDD do you have and do you have ATA drivers installed correctly ? It's just an ideea.
Sure, i was suspectig.I have Seagate 40GB 7200RPM 2MB cache HDD. 2 GB is free totaly (total in 2 partitions). ATA drivers are correct, working OK(intel ich4)

It is 3 years old. Sometimes, i hear "contact" sounds irregularly and very rarely. It works in UDMA5(highest).

I run "Seatools" to check everythig about my drive, it was passed OK.
I contacted Seagate via mail, they said if the sounds are not exessive, the sounds are normal and there is no need to replace.

Adicoto, i suspect from my HDD but i haven't had any physical prolems, but how can i determine? The only bad rememberance is cleaning logical bad sectors on this drive and now there is no bad sectors.

How can i be sure that video playback problems is not because of HDD?

and how to test and know, there is no "head contact" or platter failure?

Best regards...[/b]
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Master

There are S.M.A.R.T. tools that will check the integrity of HDD (if your HDD support S.M.A.R.T.)

The speed is high enough for all the video types, the only problem from your drive is if it has bad sectors etc. :roll:
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Master

No, Tizio, the transfer speed is not fast enough. Teoretically, an UDMA 33 drive should transfer 33 MBps. In fact an UDMA 100 doesn't get 33 MBps. In my computer I can't wach some HD files if the files aren't on the SATA connection. As for the old drive I've just tested, some MPEG2 files just stutter a little bit. It might be an answer to the problems. But we will wait to hear the reports from the poster about playing with Elecard decoder.
As for the bad sectors, if they were, they are still there. More than that, bad sectors are caused generally by a mechanical failure (head touching a plate) wich generate small pieces of metal who will touch the head, generating another....See what I mean ?
Normally, after the drive is checked, bad sectors are isolated and never reported existing. Just the drive capacity is lower than it was before.
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
an UDMA 100 doesn't get 33 MBps. In my computer I can't wach some HD files if the files aren't on the SATA connection.
I disagree here. I have three Seagate HDDs @ UDMA 5 (ATA/100) and the speed of read+write operation between drives without data fragmentation is 30-35 MB/s (megabytes). I suppose reading alone should be even faster.
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
No, Tizio, the transfer speed is not fast enough. Teoretically, an UDMA 33 drive should transfer 33 MBps. In fact an UDMA 100 doesn't get 33 MBps. In my computer I can't wach some HD files if the files aren't on the SATA connection. As for the old drive I've just tested, some MPEG2 files just stutter a little bit. It might be an answer to the problems. But we will wait to hear the reports from the poster about playing with Elecard decoder.
AFAIK an UDMA drive can read data at a speed higher than 40MB/s without problems..

Quote:
As for the bad sectors, if they were, they are still there. More than that, bad sectors are caused generally by a mechanical failure (head touching a plate) wich generate small pieces of metal who will touch the head, generating another....See what I mean ?
Normally, after the drive is checked, bad sectors are isolated and never reported existing. Just the drive capacity is lower than it was before.
Yeah, I know..I don't know why you asked it to me..
In regards to bad sectors I only wrote "the only problem from your drive is if it has bad sectors etc. " :?
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Master

Just the first part was for you, Tizio. Yes, indeed, an ATA 100 drive must have 100 MBps transfer speed. That's in theory. Practically, every computer is different. I've seen transfer rates to 75 MBps on a proffesional computer and sadly, also 7-8 MBps on some non performat home-made computers with no-name parts inside. And I've seen many of them.
I do also talk on mail with the poster and sometimes the replays are more or less mixed.
Old 16th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

I was tested a 600 mb file for a bursted transfer rate: 28-30 MB / sec.

Even, for example if you play an MPEG-2 file, for example encoded with 6400kbps, that means 6400 / 8(to convert "bits" to bytes") = 800 kilobytes (kb). That means the read speed is too enough to play with this basic calculation.

Additionaly, i have no files encoded higher than 3500kbps. I gave 6400kbps as an "example".

But still i couldn't find the answer, it becomes sometimes. I contacted Seagate official support again, they said, your drive is "OKAY".

Note: My bad sectors are cleaned (there were 3 "logical" bad sectors") with Seatool's low-lowel sector replacement.
Old 27th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

Additionaly, i want to ask: Excluding Elecard 2.0 beta for MPEG-2 decoding, has anyone tested Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder&Streaming Pack 1.0.50824??? (new 2005 version)
or another versions compatible with BSplayer???

I installed it and what's the behaviour of its licence control?

How is its performance?

Please post your reviews about Elecard and various versions of it for standard MPEG-2 or DVD files...

Here i attached the file what i am talking about Elecard.

Best wishes...
Attached Files
File Type: exe elecard_mpeg_2_decoderandstreaming_pack_1050824_145.exe (1.28 MB, 919 views)

Tags
catch, sound, sycnro, video