Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Adriano10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Orange color under videopicture

Hello, I have a problem with BSplayer.

I use BSplayer very long time and I like it and never had this problem.
It appeared lately, when I play a videofile of any format (avi or wmv) I can see orange color under the videopicture, especially when I move the videowindow. Besides that, when I play a movie, OSD messages have orange shades, but I set OSD in white color.

The orange color appears in Internal renderer overlay (default), but when I changed to Internal Renderer RGB mode, the orange color disappeared.
I always used Internal renderer overlay (default) and never had this problem before, don't know what could change?

I use K-lite codec pack Standard and everything was OK.

Help me please!!!
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Recently installed new/other codecs? Or updated drivers for graphics card?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter
Recently installed new/other codecs? Or updated drivers for graphics card?
No, I didn't change codecs or drivers for videocard. I use Asus motherboard with integrated graphics.
May be installing Need For Speed Most Wanted could change something???
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano10
May be installing Need For Speed Most Wanted could change something???
Don't know, but it's quite possible. Maybe it changed your integrated graphics settings to optimize for that game. What's wrong with using Internal Renderer RGB mode?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

I reinstalled display driver but it didn't help!!!

As for RGB mode, I can play movies, but don't know what is better?

Very strange, orange color appears only in Overlay mode, what can it be???
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

I decided to install previous version of BSplayer 2.16 Build 945 and in Internal Rendering Overlay(default) no orange color anymore and it plays movies OK.
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Master

And what happens if you now re-install the more recent version (with which you had the problem)?
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Also without orange color!!!

It happened after reinstalling display driver!

I think NFS Most Wanted did something with my display settings, nothing were installed before orange color appeared. I watched movie and everything was Ok, then decided to install the game, played a little bit, and after that when I opened videofile that orange color appeared.

I noticed that in your last version where OSD settings System time and Name of file have to be replaced on each other
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Master

Quote:
I think NFS Most Wanted did something with my display settings, nothing were installed before orange color appeared. I watched movie and everything was Ok, then decided to install the game, played a little bit, and after that when I opened videofile that orange color appeared.
Like I said: "Maybe it changed your integrated graphics settings to optimize for that game."
Quote:
I noticed that in your last version where OSD settings System time and Name of file have to be replaced on each other
First and foremost: it isn't my last version. I have nothing to do with the creation and further development of BSPlayer. I'm not a member of BSPlayer's team. I'm just a user, like you! Then: what exactly are you trying to tell with respect to OSD? The user can now choose itself what he/she wants to be displayed as OSD-information. There are nine options under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [OSD options] (one of these options actually shows something different from what it says; I included it in my bug-report.)

Anyhow: .... all's well that ends well!
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Newbie

I just wanted to tell about mistake.

Thank you for your attention and help!

Can you say what is better for playing movies Overlay mode or RGB mode? I don't know what's the difference???

Player is very good and becomes even better, I have also other players on my PC but use BSplayer everytime.
Old 14th July 2007
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

RGB overlay it'a a little more CPU consumming and the quality its'a a little bit lower.
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Puchi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I was searching the forum to see if I could find something related to what had already happened a couple of times over the months to my bsplayer and curiously here it is, although mine displays a pink color under the videopicture. :roll:
Until now all I had to do was remove the K-lite codec pack Full and BSplayer, reboot and install again, problem solved. Since yesterday I'm having no such luck, the problem remains.
Following the sugestions presented here, if I change to Internal Renderer RGB mode, indeed the pink goes away, but the quality does not seem the same and my CPU gets more use.
I also removed and reinstalled the nvidia display driver along with the codec pack and BSP but it all remained the same.
Truth be said it's just an annoyng problem that does not affect watching the videos, but even so it would be nice to try and fix it.
Maybe I can get some tips in order to help me.

Thanks anyway for your attention.
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

I don't know, maybe try to adjust your video card settings, those for the overlay color..restore their default values and see if something changes in BSplayer
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

What about "overlay mixer" rendering mode?
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Thank you for your replies.

I've tried both sugestions, but the pink shadow remains, only the Renderer RGB mode removes that.
For what I've seen until now, it only seems to affect BSPlayer but not Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player.
Very strange why this happens, as last night I remember watching a video with my girlfriend and I noticed nothing, but then some hours later when I opened another video there it was. During that period I was not even on the PC, so I did not changed or installed anything at all.
I only remember, before opening a video, was using DVD Shrink to burn a movie.
I've used BSP for years now and this is not what's going to make me stop using it.
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Master

Which codec is used by BSplayer to play your movies (before and after the pink shadows)?
Have you tried to delete the BSplayer.xml settings file from installation dir (or most probably in C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\BSplayer\)? [note that Application Data folder is hidden, so you need to enable the hidden folders to be shown, and if you have Windows NOT in english, probably Application Data is translated in your language ;) ]
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

It's the ffdshow (revision 1627 Nov 18 2007) from K-lite codec pack 3.5.7 Full.
I will do what you sugested, remove bsplayer and see what happens, thanks.
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Well, the pink shadow remained, so I went and did something else, installed an older bsplayer (2.16) and there's no shadow using Internal renderer overlay (default).

I noticed that on the bsp preferences - video - video rendering, this version only has 2 options on the white box instead of 3:
- Wait for vertical blank, that is selected
- Disable YV12 format, not selected
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Master

And if you use those configs in the new version?
I don't know if there's an option to enable/disable color spaces in ffdshow, but I think it exists.. maybe take a look also to ffds settings
Old 4th December 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you can choose which colorspace will ffdshow output. Normally everything defaults to YV12 (YUV/12), but if YV12 is unselected the decoder will try other colorspaces.

YV12 is faster, which is important if your machine is not fast enough for the given video. YV12 also enables smooth h/w scaling. If the video is viewed at the original size, and the machine is at least 2 times faster than needed for normal playback, you can force RGB32 for best possible quality.

Tags
color, orange, videopicture