Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th July 2009
BS.Player Newbie

KenyaSong is on a distinguished road
Default dark pixelated image as video, good sound

i removed the internal codecs because there was a black screen when playing a movie (k-lite codec pack unistalled as well).
so i installed the divx, xvid and ffdshow codecs and then i chose overlay mixer: i see only a "stereogram" like this

when i choose VRM7 the video is fine, but i get this error: failed to allocate subtitle surface, subtitles will not be available.

is there a way to solve this problem?

[bsplayer.pro 2.34, xpsp2, in both cases the ffdshow video decoder appears in the filters submenu]
Old 25th July 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyaSong View Post
[bsplayer.pro 2.34 ...]
Could you maybe update to latest version (2.43)?

Quote:
i installed the divx, xvid and ffdshow codecs
There is no need to install both DivX and XviD. Further, if you install ffdshow, there is no need to install either DivX or Xvid, unless you restrict ffdshow's use to specific formats.

Quote:
i chose overlay mixer
Could you try a different mode; e.g. "Internal renderer overlay" or "Internal renderer DirectDraw surface" or - for that matter - "VMR7 renderless" resp. "VMR9 renderless"?

P.S.:
What type of Graphics card do you have?
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 25th July 2009
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

In advanced filter configuration window, can you also post here which splitter it's used (Haali or quartz.dll).
This happens to all video files, or just when playing some kind of files ?
Videocard drivers ? Last update ?

Tags
dark, good, image, pixelated, video