Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Subtitles

Subtitles Post question about BS.Player and subtitles (srt sub ssa mkv) here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th August 2012
BS.Player Newbie

RatusNatus is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the Brazilian Portuguese option?

Its NOT in the list....
Cmon guys, Brazil has 200 milion people.
Old 5th January 2013
BS.Player Newbie

tubssss is on a distinguished road

yes, anyone planning on answering about that?

when i download subtitles, they are in portuguese from portugal, which is very different from portuguese from brazil

in the options to find subtitles, there is only "por", we want the option "ptbr"
Old 5th January 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Options -> preferences -> subtitles -> default language for subtitles -> click browse button next to -> add language and
select 384 = pob/pb portuguese(Brasil)
Old 13th January 2013
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Of course adicoto meant 348 (not 384).
Also he's referring to PC-version of BS.Player.
However, if you're referring to Andoid version of BSPlayer, I'm afraid there simply is no separate ISO639 code for Brazilian Portuguese, nor is it to be found in the list of selectable languages.

That being said you could perhaps try "pob/pb" as language-indicator.
I think (but don't know) it is used by Opensubtitles.org, i.e. one of the subtitle providers used by BS.Player. Further Getsubtitle.com = Subtitles.com.br are also used by BS.Player and I know for sure they have Brazilian Portuguese subs. I think (but don't know) they might use "bra".
(In Android-BSPlayer: tap on menu ... Preferences ... Subtitles ... Online subtitles ... Online subtitles languages ... then type in pob/pb,bra and tap [OK])
(Let us know if it works.)
Maybe Ico-man (BS.Player team member) can shed some light on this; I'll ask.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 30th March 2013
BS.Player Newbie

henker is on a distinguished road

You guys really need to add brazilian portuguese to the list
This makes a huge difference for us

I have been trying to find other players that also download subtitles automatically and they all have brazilian portuguese and it simply works

I keep coming back to bsplayer because of other reasons, but if this option is not included and I find a safe to use (no virus/bloatware) that automatically downloads pt-br subtitles i'm out for good

Tags
brazilian, option, portuguese, subtitle