Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Answered And Solved Questions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-solved-questions/)
-   -   [SOLVED] Begginer! What do I need to play DivX? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-solved-questions/10016-solved-begginer-what-do-i-need-play-divx.html)

qnboqns 27th September 2009 10:19 PM

[SOLVED] Begginer! What do I need to play DivX?
 
I use BSPlayer PRO 2.43
But there are a lot of files that I can't play. (e.g: DivX)
When I play them, only Audio appears, but no video.
Thanks for your help!

BSPeter 27th September 2009 10:58 PM

When you installed BS.Player, did you allow it to download the necessary codecs/filters?
If not you can still do that by running codecmanager.exe
which you can find in BS.Player's installation folder
(default: C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSPlayerPro)
:wink:
(What OS are you running?)

qnboqns 27th September 2009 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I seem to have some codecs currently. They all say "installed".
(Please, see image below)
OS: Windows XP Professional 32bits

Is it normal to only hear audio with DivX? (and not see video)
Thanks for helping!

BSPeter 28th September 2009 12:55 AM

Could you try if using the "internal AVI parser" helps
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences >
Now hold [Shift]-key down and click on "Filter management"
Check "Use internal AVI parser"

If it doesn't help, please let us know what is shown under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
(Note: you can click on the [+]-signs to reveal further info and/or access.)
:wink:
P.S.:
If under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General > Filetypes
you highlight "divx", does the box "Media type" then show "Video" ?

qnboqns 28th September 2009 01:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38711)
Could you try if using the "internal AVI parser" helps
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences >
Now hold [Shift]-key down and click on "Filter management"
Check "Use internal AVI parser"

It doesn't :sad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38711)
If it doesn't help, please let us know what is shown under
(rightclick >) Options > Filters > Advanced
(Note: you can click on the [+]-signs to reveal further info and/or access.)

I attached some images. Please, let me know if you need more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38711)
If under (rightclick >) Options > Preferences > General > Filetypes
you highlight "divx", does the box "Media type" then show "Video" ?

Yes, it shows "video"

BSPeter 28th September 2009 11:30 AM

Odd that you don't see any video with those filters/codecs, especially as it appears that ffdshow Video Decoder is used by BS.Player to playback the file.
I assume those screenshots are indeed taken with a (problematic) .divx file.
What "Rendering mode" is selected and could you try a different one pse.
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering].
(Do you know if your graphics card has any specific limitations for certain formats?)
:wink:

qnboqns 1st October 2009 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38720)
Odd that you don't see any video with those filters/codecs, especially as it appears that ffdshow Video Decoder is used by BS.Player to playback the file.
I assume those screenshots are indeed taken with a (problematic) .divx file.

Yes, they are
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38720)
What "Rendering mode" is selected and could you try a different one pse.
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering].
(Do you know if your graphics card has any specific limitations for certain formats?)
:wink:

Tried that. Doesn't work :(
It's strange how it says "movie size" but does not show movie. (see image)

I realized the problem I have is with ALL types of files!
I can't even see the video of an MPEG file.
Am I in trouble?? :confused:

BSPeter 1st October 2009 08:58 PM

Wild thought: this problem couldn't perhaps be caused by the settings of your graphics card (to the effect that its settings instruct it to show the video window on a non-existing second monitor)?

Do you see a video-window at all (even an empty one)?
(this with "Borderless play window" unchecked/deselected under
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video [General] before loading and playing a movie)
If not, please check/select the box (also there) "Don't remember movie window position"; exit BS.Player and after that try again.

If that doesn't work, exit BS.Player, then find/locate (e.g. using Window's search) a file named "BSplayer.xml" and rename it (e.g. into "xBSplayer.xml"). After that start BS.Player agian and give it another try.

Any result?
:wink:
P.S.:
Depending on what preference you selected at BS.Player's installation this .xml-file could be found either in
- BS.Player's installation folder (default C:\Program Files\Webteh\BSplayer(Pro) or in
-(for XP) C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Application Data\BSplayer(Pro)
-(if Vista) C:\Users\[YourName]\AppData\Roaming\BSplayer(Pro)

qnboqns 2nd October 2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter (Beitrag 38746)
Wild thought: this problem couldn't perhaps be caused by the settings of your graphics card (to the effect that its settings instruct it to show the video window on a non-existing second monitor)?

THANK YOUU!!! SOOO MUCH!!
lol I feel kinda stupid, but seriously, thanks a lot.
(problem solved):smile:

BSPeter 2nd October 2009 10:09 PM

:teeth:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20