Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th March 2017
BS.Player Newbie

Dodo.Phe is on a distinguished road
Default BS Player Stopped Working

I've checked answered questions, tried proposed solution (from 2010) - it didn't help.
It was working great, now all of a sudden whenever I try and start a movie I get message - BS Player Stopped working.
I've Revo-uninstalled it and installed back several times - with and without BSplayer-recommended codecs. No use. Same result.
Any ideas? I sure could use some help with this. I'd hate to stop using BSplayer.
Thanks.
(Windows 10)
Old 27th March 2017
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Do you have admin rights over the install folders ? Did you try to run it as administrator ?
Windows 10 have some issues
Old 30th March 2017
BS.Player Newbie

Yoann13 is on a distinguished road

exactly the same thing here...

Found this :

News
Solution for crashing players after Windows 10 update KB4013429
Monday March 20th 2017

This Windows update contains a new version of the file CompPkgSup.dll which has a bug that can cause applications to crash. It only happens when an application uses the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder or Audio Decoder on systems where MPEG-2 is activated in that decoder. That is either when you installed the DVD Player app from Microsoft, or if you upgraded from Windows 7.

Edit: Microsoft has fixed this problem in a new update KB4015438 (released on March 20th).

Workaround #1 (for MPC-HC only):
MPC-HC options > External Filters > Block both Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder

Workaround #2:
Codec Tweak Tool > MS Codec Tweaks > Disable Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio and Video Decoders
(Note: this may break video playback in certain apps, read the help for more details)

Workaround #3:
Download CompPkgSup Fixer (528 KB). This is a little tool that we made that replaces CompPkgSup.dll with an older version of the DLL that doesn't cause crashes.

Last edited by Yoann13; 30th March 2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 30th March 2017
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

But as lomg as you install Codecmanager's codecs (LAV filters) you won't acess Microsoft DVT-DVD filters.
Old 11th April 2017
BS.Player Newbie

john21wall is on a distinguished road

I didn't have to do any permission stuff when I was testing different codecs with Media Center 7 and I had to rename them. I don't logon as the system Admin account either.

Tags
player, stopped, working