Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Answered And Solved Questions (http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-solved-questions/)
-   -   [SOLVED]Windows cannot find * Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then.. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-solved-questions/9271-solved-windows-cannot-find-make-sure-you-typed-name-correctly-then.html)

Cosmitz 3rd February 2009 09:20 PM

[SOLVED]Windows cannot find * Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then..

Yesterday, out of the blue, i started getting the fallowing error popup evreytime i open up a file with Bsplayer. The file playes perfectly, but the popup is bugging me.

---------------------------
C:\Death.avi
Windows cannot find 'C:\Death.avi'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
OK

What i did that day that chould cause this is trying to fix an error with Windows not registering BsPlayer on the "Open With" list. I kinda sorta-fixed it by copying and renaming the .exe, then pointing a specific file (mp4 in this case), to that exe instead of the Bsplayer.exe, normal one. Worked, and i made SURE the other files still point to BsPlayer.exe. Thing is, i also did some stuff that day which might have have caused this.

I'm using Bsplayer 2.31, and i have googled. All the answers i saw on this forum related to it were unconclusive. Any hints?

adicoto 3rd February 2009 09:54 PM

Re: Windows cannot find * Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Vista user ?

Cosmitz 3rd February 2009 11:25 PM

Re: Windows cannot find * Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

WinXP SP3. But i never had this problem before yesterday.

adicoto 4th February 2009 03:25 AM

Custom instalation ? Regional settings ?

Cosmitz 4th February 2009 06:03 AM

Normal install. English Regional.. played with a few options there to try and fix it. No go.

adicoto 4th February 2009 07:09 AM

My advice then is to delete the configuration file BSPlayer generates (in documents and settings/aplication data/webteh, uninstall and reinstall BSPlayer.
After that, if you use XP, you just need to go to options->preferencies->file types and do all the associations you want.
Be sure to unreg those associations from WMP.

adicoto 23rd February 2009 07:45 PM

Seems it was an older version. Problems fixed by updating to a newer version.