Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   BS.Player Translations (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bs-player-translations/)
-   -   Translations for BSPlayer Android app (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bs-player-translations/20007-translations-bsplayer-android-app.html)

Ico-man 26th September 2012 04:30 PM

Translations for BSPlayer Android app

Strings can now be translated at Translations for Android BSPlayer 3!

adicoto 26th September 2012 07:57 PM

Working on romanian. ETA, tomorow, noon.

Ico-man 26th September 2012 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We liike!

adicoto 27th September 2012 06:45 AM

Done.
How can I implement it on my tablet to check if there are too long lines that can't be dispalyed properly ?

Ico-man 27th September 2012 10:20 AM

It can't be done from user side. We will add the translations to BSP in one of the future builds.

adicoto 27th September 2012 10:21 AM

OK, thank you.

Ico-man 5th October 2012 01:56 PM

BSPlayer app is ready for the translations, first batch will be included next week. Still waiting for Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese, among others. :teeth:

BSPeter 6th October 2012 02:40 PM

Was on a 10 day's holiday in Denmark, but meanwhile started on Dutch.
Will report when ready.
:wink:

BSPeter 6th October 2012 11:49 PM

Ready but like adicoto I would also like a possibility to first check it in BSPlayer for android.

Ico-man 8th October 2012 09:06 AM

Dank je.

We can't. But we can release new build for Android (with corrected translations) quite quickly if need be.

:angel:

BSPeter 2nd November 2012 11:52 PM

I just added the "new" translations as requested by e-mail.
Though, if I remember correctly they surely are not entirely "new" as I had several déjà vu moments when translating those "new" lines.
What happened to the seemingly simply disappeared translations of similar lines which I enterred earlier?

Ico-man 6th November 2012 10:12 AM

New strings.xml file is now used, and crowdin "thinks" these are new strings, but they are the same, but still needs to be translated.

This shouldn't happen again in the future.

GreGnet 21st November 2012 02:51 AM

Great! I've translate French today...

Ico-man 21st November 2012 11:59 AM

Just missed release :(. But it will be included in next build.

So as soon as we get few translations, we will release build with newtranslations.

BSPlayer for Android Translations - Crowdin.net

GreGnet 22nd November 2012 11:52 AM

Nice! Thank you. :)

BSPeter 27th November 2012 02:44 AM

I just finished making several changes to the Dutch translation (and that most probably not for the last time).
While doing so I also observed that a number of strings are missing to be translated, whereas the player also still uses some English texts though there is a translation available.
Missing in the original English file to translate:
"Which frames to drop if set to auto" and
"Choose text size and color" / "text size" and
"BSPlayer is an ad-supported application, meaning there will be ads displayed in Browse and Pause views (but not while you enjoy viewing).
If you don't want to see the ads and want to help us develop BSPlayer, please click the banner on top of this page to install the no-ad version of BSPlayer from Google Play."
(Note that contrary to the MS-Windows version of BSPlayer, there is no reason to NOT include this "FREE-string" in the language xml-file.)
Available translations not being used:
"Cancel": not used at several places (i.a. at "Display mode" and "Play mode"=repeat-mode and at "Choose text size and color")
"Play queue / Most played / Recently played / All files " in Library
Oddities/Confusing texts:
"Show control buttons (play, pause…) on every play or only on touch"
I think the option (if selected) really concerns "on every play" and NOT "or only on touch", which addition at least confused me.
Under Video decode options in software modus there is an always greyed-out option "Which frames to drop if set to auto"

(This post maybe is to be considered as work in progress)

Ico-man 11th December 2012 11:15 AM

BSPeter, should be fixed. We are waiting only for the translations for 8 new strings, then new version will be released asap.

BSPeter 11th December 2012 04:01 PM

Dutch translation completed/updated!
Missing in the original English file to translate:
Graphics by
External libraries used:
(3x) licenced under the
and its source can be downloaded here
(maybe add: <adjective for language> translation by <name(s) translator(s)>)

Suggestion to change in the original English file:
BSPlayer is an ad-supported application, meaning there will be ads displayed in Browse and Pause views (but not while you enjoy viewing).
If you don't want to see the ads and want to help us develop BSPlayer, please tap the banner on top of this page to install the no-ad version of BSPlayer from Google Play.

"Show control buttons (play, pause…) on every play or only on touch"
I think the option (if selected) really concerns "on every play" and NOT "or only on touch", which addition at least confused me. So I suggest to omit "or only on touch" or replace it by "(and not only on touch)"

BSPeter 16th December 2012 02:15 PM

As reported before, translation for "Cancel" still not used on the following three pop-up windows:
"Playback mode", "Display mode" & "Choose text size and color".
Further the "title" of the "Display mode" pop-up isn't translated, whereas (as previously reported) in the "Choose text size and color" pop-up the small print "Text size xx" at left just above the slidebar isn't translated.
Further untranslated phrases:
"Done" (as reported following "Clear history")
"Deleted x file(s) from cache" (as reported following "Clear cache")
"Deleted x items from database" (as reported following "Clean database")

BSPeter 21st December 2012 12:13 AM

v1.8 build 147:

The "title" of the "Display mode" pop-up still isn't translated.:frown:

In the "Choose text size and color" pop-up the small print "Text size xx" at left just above the slidebar now "translated" into "2131165478 xx".:bug::eek::bug:

Now for both delete-actions:
"Deleted x file(s) from cache" (as reported following "Clear cache")
"Deleted x items from database" (as reported following "Clean database")
the same translation (for the first action) is used.:bug::confused::bug:

Another additional word to translate: "Build" :wink
(and maybe also: File/fps/Video/(HW acc)/(SW)../Audio/ch/FPS/avg of info OSD).