Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   BSPlayer for Android (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/)
-   -   Feedback and 3 issues (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/12320-feedback-3-issues.html)

Naenyn 25th August 2011 09:10 PM

Feedback and 3 issues

Greets!

First off, GREAT work. I went through about 8 players last night on my Asus Transformer tablet in an effort to find one that'd happily play some anime .mkv files I have. The only one that was able to do it was BSPlayer .. and it did it fantastically; no slowdown at all. Great job!

I do have a couple comments, though.

* Subtitle font face/outline

Choosing the color and size of the font is great, but it would be nice if the text was outlined. For instance, a white font works great ... until the video is also white for a moment - then the subtitles are unreadable.

* Newlines in subtitles

It would appear that BSPlayer does its own thing for figuring out when to split subtitles on new lines. However, I noticed in the file I tested with, a number of '\n' characters showed up in longer lines of subs. Not sure what is going on here .. whether the subs were encoded with newlines in it in attempt to control where the line breaks happened .. or if BSPlayer is doing something weird with the subs..

* Audio stream choice

I saw that there was an option to change the audio stream. Great! I also saw that it didn't work. Boo! When I chose the second audio stream (being anime, 1 was English and 2 was Japanese), the video would pause. Upon resuming, it stayed on stream 1. Not sure what's going on here.. if it's a problem with my specific file I was trying or something more general. I will test further when I get home this evening.

I can provide the file I was attempting to play if you'd like to try testing locally. Please let me know. I'd also happily be a beta tester for you if you'd like. Plenty of various movies to try both on my Nexus One and Asus Transformer. I am also a java developer myself (although not on Android yet) so hopefully could provide insightful feedback.

Anyway, keep up the great work! Hope I can help ... and that this wasn't tl;dr

-Naenyn

Ico-man 5th September 2011 09:20 AM

Thank you for the detailed feedback, we appreciate it.

Sample of the file would be useful.

sasoiliev 30th September 2011 08:03 AM

Hey,

I totally agree with Naenyn - the software is awesome! I'm waiting for the pro (ad-free) version. :)

I want to second his point about subtitle outline. It's really annoying when the movie background gets light and the subtitles become invisible.

miksebik119 2nd October 2011 01:21 AM

Playback speed

I've spent couple of hours looking for a player that would allow me to change the playback speed. Are you going to add this function to you player?

It is great to watch sitcoms with speed 0,8x and be able to understand everything what they are saying :-)

Still, it is sad I found just one player that can do that (implayer+). That one is very very unstable and distorts the voice when slowing the playback. Not a good option.

Thank you,

Michal

adicoto 2nd October 2011 06:23 AM

This option was implemented in BSPlayer some time ago. You can find:

Shift+F5 increase speed by 10% (each time you press)
Shift+F6 decrease speed by 10%
F5 increases spped by 1 %
F6 decrease speed by 1%

You also will find 1/2x, 1x and 2x speed as predefined. All this options can be accesed: rightclick -> play -> playback speed.

But, by modifying playback speed, the voices will be distorted. There is no other way for now (modifying speech speed you also alter the pitch).

Tizio 2nd October 2011 03:53 PM

Actually you can try an alternative method to slow down the speed and maintain the voices not distorted.
To do this you can use a WinAMP 2.x DSP plugin (ex: PaceMaker, Slow Me Down)

I used these plugins some years ago, I hope they are still working.
Copy these plugins in a folder of your choice, and then in BSplayer options (CTRL+P) goto Audio section, WinAmp2 DSP plugins and enable Winamp DSP plugins support and select the folder in which you copied your plugins :wink:

BSPeter 2nd October 2011 10:24 PM

:sad:@adicoto & Tizio: Did you notice the title of this Forum "BSPlayer for Android"?:cry:

@miksebik119: I'm afraid BSPlayer lite (for Android) doesn't support this at the moment (yet) in as far as I know. However, I'm pretty sure BSPlayer development team will read your post as a feature request.
:wink:

adicoto 3rd October 2011 05:03 AM

:angel:

Tizio 3rd October 2011 07:11 PM

http://www.iguanadons.net/skins/Defa...s/headbang.gif

Ico-man 4th October 2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasoiliev (Beitrag 46139)
Hey,

I totally agree with Naenyn - the software is awesome! I'm waiting for the pro (ad-free) version. :)

I want to second his point about subtitle outline. It's really annoying when the movie background gets light and the subtitles become invisible.

Should be fixed in next version. ( outline will be enabled by default)