Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   BSPlayer for Android (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/)
-   -   LAN connection error. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/18519-lan-connection-error.html)

lakristrolle 2nd September 2012 08:18 PM

LAN connection error.

Hi,

First I'd like to say thanks for a great video player, BSPlayer is the only app that has consistently played all media files I have, HW accelerated to boot!

Unfortunately I can't get LAN mode to work, when I try to connect to a share on my Windows 7 PC it simply says "Error". Using Solid Explorer and other file managers I can connect and copy files without issue.

If I enter an invalid username on purpose BSPlayer does show an incorrect username/password error instead, so it does talk to the PC.

Is there a log file or some other way to get a more descriptive error message to help diagnose and fix whatever is preventing it from connecting to my PC?

Any suggestions appreciated.

/lakristrolle

Megatomz 3rd September 2012 07:41 PM

LAN play in PRO version of BS Player on Android

I have the same problem. Trying to play from my own NAS server on Nexus 7.

Using X-Plore (from the same Nexus 7 device) I am able to access the server via SMB with no issues. With BS I get no joy.

Can anyone from the official support help as I see there are a lot of people with this problem.

[Edit] I have just checked and I can connect to my PC running Windows 7 and see its shares. I cannot connect to my NAS (Synology 710+) so it may be something related to it running a Linux.

Regards,
Tomz.

Ico-man 5th September 2012 01:48 PM

Please check new build, when it is released, if the problem is still present.

lakristrolle 7th September 2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 61779)
Please check new build, when it is released, if the problem is still present.

I have no luck with version 1.4.130 either. Exact same problem as before, and I've tested connecting to 3 different Windows 7 computers, without success. I wish the error message was a bit more informative.

Are there any relevant settings I could try changing on the tablet or the computer?

/lakristrolle

Ico-man 17th September 2012 03:07 PM

Can you change password to alfanumeric chars only and retry? ALso try build 131.

lakristrolle 18th September 2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 63429)
Can you change password to alfanumeric chars only and retry? ALso try build 131.

Build 131 didn't work either.

However after replacing the % char in my password, BSPlayer (both 130 and 131) can now connect and access the share.

I expect I'll have a hard time logging in to Windows before I get used to my new password.... I hope this can be fixed, not coping with special characters in the password is a rather annoying bug.

Anyway, big thanks for the tip! I can now stream movies from my computer and BSPlayer became even more awesome!

/lakristrolle

Ico-man 24th September 2012 09:36 AM

Try new build (will be released today) with % in password.

lakristrolle 26th September 2012 10:47 PM

Now it works. Big thanks!

/lakristrolle