Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > BSPlayer for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

boognish is on a distinguished road
Default Can't Open Youtube URL

I just purchased BS Player through the Play Store for my HP Touchpad running cm9. I can't get the open URL feature to work. Everytime it tries to open a Youtube URL it says: "Error Opening File (and then lists the URL address)"

If I go to Preferences-About BSPlayer it says that I am running version "BSPlayer for Android v1.5 Build 136".

Is there a newer version that I need (but can't find in the Play Store)?

I have been using BSPlayer Free for several months, and IIRC the open URL feature worked at some point in the past. But I think it stopped working after an update (not completely sure that it ever worked though).

Anyway, if anybody has any ideas how to solve this problem I would really appreciate it. I really would like to be able to use BSPlayer to listen to youtube in background or in pop-up window.

Thanks.
Old 10th November 2012
BS.Player Newbie

boognish is on a distinguished road

Hmm...I seem to have solved my issue. I noticed that when I would paste a URL; it started with https. I deleted the s in the address (so it read http) and now the open URL feature seems to be working fine.
Old 20th August 2013
BS.Player Newbie

Android_user is on a distinguished road
Default still can't open YouTube video

I know this is an old thread, but BSP for Android still can't open a lot of YouTube links. Links from Facebook (must go through a browser first), https links (majority of links now), some m.YouTube.com and youtu.be links, links with at= parameters, and so on.

It would be great also if BSP supported sharing intents from browsers.
Old 6th June 2019
BS.Player Newbie

Oldsmobile is on a distinguished road

Hello. I'm using BSPlayer Free v1.32 build 199, and since May (approximately) it did not play any YouTube videos, saying "Error opening file". I tried changing "Preferred Yotube quality" to 720p, 480p, and 360p. BPlayer beta (ver. 2.0.205 20190511) also doesn't work (but worked before).
Old 12th August 2019
BS.Player Newbie

Big nose is on a distinguished road

Same problem.
YouTube videos did not open. Even in older versions of the official YouTube app.

Yesterday I downloaded the FREE version 1.32.199 from Google Play - the problem is solved! (Android 4.1)

But there was another problem! Video from YouTube opens only at 720p. Changing "Preferred Youtube quality" in the settings has no effect. Is this a bug? I really need 360p.

Tags
open, url, youtube