Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   BSPlayer for Android (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/)
-   -   I cant access files with BSPlayer LAN Browser (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bsplayer-android/20836-i-cant-access-files-bsplayer-lan-browser.html)

victorvdc 15th March 2013 07:31 PM

I cant access files with BSPlayer LAN Browser

I cant access files with BSPlayer LAN Browser.
I am using my local Windows 7 computer as a file server for my media files which I want to access with my Android through the WiFi LAN
Using the Android Explorer I can access the files, select and run them with BSPlayer. However using the LAN mod explorer in BSPlayer I can see the shared folders but when I try to enter them I get an “Error connect to Share” message. Local mode works OK.
So the problem seems specific to BSPlayer LAN Browser.
Any suggestions?

Ico-man 21st March 2013 12:32 PM

Incorrect password or IP, most likely.

yazyazoo 23rd March 2013 06:44 AM

I have the same problem connecting to a Samba share on Pogoplug. I keep getting Error connecting to share.

This also happens when I try to connect to my NAS.

I never had this problem until I updated.

I tried Dice Player and it can see my shares and play the files. However I like BSPlayer as it seems more file friendly and hopefully this can get fixed.

manohar 23rd March 2013 08:17 AM

Unable to see files on my PC in my Tablet

I have installed BS Player on my android 4 tablet. It works fine. But when added a server (my pc running windows XP) it says "error connecting to share" and not showing any files.

yazyazoo 23rd March 2013 03:30 PM

Ok I read from a comment by Awesoft. It says to change the Display name under you server. e.g. archlinux.lan was change to archlinux.

Once I did that it worked.

I think it's a bug and I do have the newest version of BS Player.

victorvdc 3rd April 2013 02:57 AM

Problem Solved

It seems my user account was corrupt on my PC. I created a new account with the exact same configuration and the problem went away when I use it.

MikeG 4th May 2013 04:27 PM

I had the same problem trying to access my NAS.

I do not use passwords etc on my LAN. I cured my access problem by uninstalling BSPlayer & using Archos Video instead, which connected without problems & seems to play most file types.

mdavies44 8th May 2013 05:20 PM

I would really like to get this working on my Samsung Galaxy 2 and G-box. However I keep getting the cannot connect error. On the Galaxy 2 I can see the servers but not on the G-Box. When I try to connect to my NAS Server on the Galaxy 2 it gives me an error of

failed to connect: 0.0.0.0<00>ip address

I do not have passwords set up on the NAS server and don't really want to. I would love to get Bsplayer to work as it seems the best product for Android.

ar_156 29th May 2013 01:30 AM

I fix it this way:

1.Press and hold for 3 seconds the LAN address and select EDIT, you will see the LAN address at first and second line
2.Change the Address NAME (second line) to anything you like
3.Now try to open the folder again